Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the rough price on a 355 replica?

What's the rough price on a 355 replica?

Just wondering how much a completed 355 spyder replica would cost? On ebay and in classifieds? What do they go for on average?

I have about 20k to spend on a really nice 355. Maybe even 25k if need be. I would be willing to sell my beloved wrangler to get one of these( it pains me to say that ).

Thanks.

Re: What's the rough price on a 355 replica?

I thought someone would have answered this question by now.Well it really depends on your budget,how much a person wants to spend.There are ways to cut corners,like picking up a used body on ebay for $1000 (more or less) or a whole car on ebay.Pepboys has the lowest price on rims and I've checked just about everywear.You can get just about anything you need off the Internet you just need to know wear to look.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

I know with a Fiero based with a V-8 will cost somewhere in the 23k-26k mark or you can cut the corner and buy an MR-2 based kit.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

There are not that many trading hands to put a solid value on them. That being said there is one for sale in the Ontario auto trader www.trader.ca at 40K Canadian - doubt it will sell at that inflated price.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

I would say that a good 355 kit, built well or above should be worth $30K+. An average kit, built fast should be worth less than $20K. Now here comes the fun part...telling the difference. The first and most important action is to see the car in person. I have no idea how people spend $25K on eBay for total crap. If you can afford it, go get Funnywheels. I have no idea what he wants for that car, but I bet that you would have a better life spending $40k on funnywheels than spending $25k on crap and trying to fix it.

I would say anywhere from $15k to $30k. It depends on options, split rockers or not, Berlinetta or Convertable, is the top and mechanism installed, do you want a stock Fiero drivetrain or something newer? Prices are all over the place. Here is my story I bought Dave Helds IFG Berlinetta, it does not have the split rockers and the body was rough but presentable, the drivetrain was an upgrade to 3800NA/4T65E that was tired but it had about $8k worth of suspension and brake upgrades, in fact the best. This cost me $15k. Fast forward I have a newer 3800SCII with numerous power adders and a worked 4T65E-HD transmission and posi LSD rear, I put all new 18" tires and rims on it, upgraded the rear to a challange grill with real Ferrari taillights. The body has been straightened and is being re-painted. I am at about $30k including the initial purchase. My advise would be to spend as much as you can up front and not get an IFG or copy but the newer body and stay away in most cases from a convertable. Thats just my opinion based on my 355 stories. I do have a 3800SCII/5speed manual 355 Spider model that I will not sell because the frame is dangerous and needs tons of work to finish. I paid $6500 for this piece of junk.
    I wanted to add I do not work on my own cars other than interior and wiring modifications, I don't have the time or inclination.
    Regards Bill

There is nothing more expensive than a cheep kit car.

There is a "cheep" ;D one on ebay right now.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

If my wife would let me I would sell mine for $25K finished. For some reason she doesn't want me to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by sactodreamer
    If my wife would let me I would sell mine for $25K finished. For some reason she doesn't want me to sell it.
    A replica like your's would be worth every dollar you are asking. My advice to the original poster would be to start by purchasing the most complete 355 that you can afford. The extras and changes add up quickly. Regards Bill