Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIERO REPLACEMENT CUSTOM CHASSIS

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

FIERO REPLACEMENT CUSTOM CHASSIS

Over the next year we will comission a chassis manufacture to build this chassis for us with a 2600 mm ( 102.3 in") wheelbase an a 2650 mm (104.3 in") for our N-ZO ROADSTER ;D 8) rolling chassis with steering column , delivered to your door , in the USA for $15,500.00 or 4 equal payments until chassis is paid for ! 8)

Talked to John W today to see if we can get a common polycarbonate an glass supplier to make the rear engine cover an other small parts an we all start using that one place to control overhead an cost for package deals ,for instance engine cover glass ,head light covers & tail lights are small parts an should be avalible cheap an fast to help during the finishing stages of our projects an anyone wanting to do a buy in for their company is welcome for those parts
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: FIERO REPLACEMENT CUSTOM CHASSIS

HI all,

This sounds like a killer deal!! Though I do think that people should know that this cg rendering is of the ferrari aurea chassis..... The Aurea is a prototype cg rendering itself that some students created from some Italian design school, with ferrari's aprroval..... So in true essence the chassis should actually hold up, as I know that ferrari worked on the body shaping in the computer, and they quite possibly could have come up with this chassis rendering too...

More on the aurea: http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-Fer...DGF-Design.htm
    and here: http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showt...threadid=53553
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

talked with the chassis manufacture today ,they will be using C5 rear suspension an brakes a GM steering column ,we will be figuring out some door struture an mounting setup 8)
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Hi all,

This again sounds like great news....!! Any word on the front suspension? And how are they gonna get around the c5 ABS, and trac control?
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

If anyone can, please explain to me why creating a chassis is considered such hard work?

I ask because there already exists so many great sports & supercars that it seems to me to be a simple matter of copying the geometry of a proven design while creating a different body.

I have a Japanese car background, so I am used to simple solutions to complex problems and perhaps this has spoiled me. From my understanding, if your car is to have certain dimensions, there are only so much variability in the suspension anyway.

I don't think it has so much to do with hard work, as certified welders. In addition I'm also pretty sure a Lambo type chassis won't work on every kind of car since the individual body panels need to have exact mounting locations etc. It seems to me it would be easier to design from scratch for the indivudual build than it would to re-do everything that has already been done?? Did that make any sense? ???

Mike

redneck interpretation: so everything will fit! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    Over the next year we will comission a chassis manufacture to build this chassis for us with a 2600 mm ( 102.3 in") wheelbase an a 2650 mm (104.3 in") for our N-ZO ROADSTER ;D 8) rolling chassis with steering column , delivered to your door , in the USA for $15,500.00 or 4 equal payments until chassis is paid for ! 8)

Talked to John W today to see if we can get a common polycarbonate an glass supplier to make the rear engine cover an other small parts an we all start using that one place to control overhead an cost for package deals ,for instance engine cover glass ,head light covers & tail lights are small parts an should be avalible cheap an fast to help during the finishing stages of our projects an anyone wanting to do a buy in for their company is welcome for those parts
    Hi all,

I almost forgot to ask this: What other car would the 2600mm chassis before?? 360? Or are you really gonna do the AUREA??

well the aurea was never made, that chassis is just an artist's concept, it was never tested. i think (hope) he's just using it as a visual aid.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Quote Originally Posted by turmite
    I don't think it has so much to do with hard work, as certified welders.
    I see now. Perhaps, it is better to have a dedicated frame-jig at a subcontracter who is an expert at welding rather than trying to create your own.

In addition I'm also pretty sure a Lambo type chassis won't work on every kind of car since the individual body panels need to have exact mounting locations etc.
    That's true. However, it is possible to have a range of bodies for a particular frame - say, for example, a Miura and Countach body on the same chassis.

Hi all,

JUST BRING ON THE AUREA!! LMAO!! :-* ;D