Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: comparisation ferrari vs mr2

comparisation ferrari vs mr2

Can someone help me with the comparisation of a ferrari 355 vs a toyota mr2 second generation.

Could someone take both pictures and stick them on each other like they did with the dna spider and a real spider.
    This way i can clearly see the differences between the both of them.

grtzz

Re: comparisation ferrari vs mr2

The rear is a bit different.
    I'll dig some MR2 kit pictures up and put them next to similar F355 pics.

I'll track down what I can later as well.

I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

Black Ops

The Yellow car is a KIT .. correct?? it has the MR2 Rear windows!

Yes, the YELLOW car above (2nd photo) is an MR2 replica...

The 3nd photo (small silver photo) is the REAL F355....As you can clearly side in the side profile between the Yellow-replica-MR2 and the Silver-real-F355 the front end is SHORT and the rear end is LONGer as compared to the real F355.

I believe the reason for that is because the MR2 wheelbase is shorter than the Ferrari's wheelbase and although the overall length of BOTH cars is probably very close but the weelbase is different. Just like the 360-MR2-based-replica Spider, the rear end of that car looks "funny" because the rear-end is much longer than the real 360...That's the major difference (and problem) when using the MR2 as the donor car.

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Here is an OEM 355 Spider and my 355 Fiero based replica.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

You can't compare my car as I have a early kit on mine try one of the later cars as they are a lot better also add the spyder to that lot.

Spyder kit

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

lov ferraris not so much the 355 more the 360s,i prosume all the photos are replica cars,are the dimensions correct on any of them,or just look good,i think the yellow ones wheels are the best copy wheels,and the spyder looks a little high needs lowering a tad,sorry to jump on this thread but no one is talking on the 360 thread [mainly manifactures,or just cannot be boverd ].how did any of you guys find info,when your ready freddy

Sorry, but I think Funnywheels is better looking than a few real 355s. When someone puts their heart and soul into something, it really shows.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

Can someone make a comparison like rob123 did in the modena topic. Using both pictures overlapping each other.

I believe that if you want to build the best replica out off an extreme or BAD kit some alterations are going to be made.

- the rear side is going to have to be made shorter (as the real 355)
    - the nose is going to be made longer (like the real 355)
    - the windshield or the frame off the windshield is going to have to be cut off and placed a bit more forward and with a slightly different angle. (like the real 355)

The wheelbase off the mr2 is only 2 inches shorter than the real 355 so that doesn't need to be modified. I know that these alterations aren't that easy to perform, especialy the alteration off the windshield isn't that easy. But if you could pull it off i believe that you would have an extremely realistic replica. This alterations combined with the quality that extreme or BAD has to offer can only lead to something exeptional.

grtzz

blackpass, i know what you are saying and you do make some valid points but i just wonder with regards to making the nose longer and the rear shorter it might highlight the wheelbase length and position difference.

The windscreen would help, but then you are bumping the cost quite a bit. I think one of the attractions of the mr2 355 kits is the minimal donor alteration.

While we all want our reps to look as close as possible, i think the reality of 'what happens if a real one pulls up next to us at the lights' ? is not a valid comparison to make. ( not that you have made this, but it seems a common quote when comparing ! )

I may be totally wrong here ( just my opnion ) but i wouldnt have thought 355 kit manufactures are going to start redesigning their kits at this stage since the 355 is an older ferrari model and the 360 seems to be the new flavour of the month.

Thats not to stop anyone making their own mods to present kits , but i guess there's always the risk factor that it may not be an improvement !
    Nick

ps meant to say, for the pictures posted above, some great looking cars there !