Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Vs Fake

Real Vs Fake

I know this has been talked about before. I understand if no one wants to reply to this post, but I was wondering, how do you guys feel about buying a Real Exotic Vs building one? I know the pro's and cons. A real one is over $60 to $100K and the high cost of mantance. A kit though is in the same price range for a turn key. I was just looking fur a used Countach for sale. There all in the high $70 to $100K range. Most are going for $100K + year range 84 to 87-88. Big money in upgrades. Over $22K rebuilt at 30K miles ago. So there big money to keep runing by the sounds of it. I was on a Lamborghini chat site and this guy has three Countach's. He said one he drove to work every day with no problems. He said it really all depends on the last owner who owned the car. If the car was driven regulary it wont need as many repairs. If the car sat to much it will need more repairs. If you drive the car mostley as a weekend car, it would last longer I would think?

Re: Real Vs Fake

yes a countach would range at 70-100k same as a turnkey. it all just depends on how much dollars your willing to spend and what makes you happy. its all up to you

You know that post I posted, "The best kit car yet!" I called the guy who is in Monteral Canada, I told him I want to build one and he told me not to bother. Those cars are a pain in the a$$ to build. John over at Jemco also said a car like that would be to hard for a guy to build who has never built one before. Least with a real one you don't have to build it and you know the car will look great! Cus its original. I like the idea of building something though... Changing things on it... Making mods to the motor. On a real Lambo V12 I dont think you would want to put a NOS kit one one! lol... Then for sure you would be rebuilding that motor! $$$$$$$

Many Replicas have been completed that are for sale. So I would find a nice pre-built replica and get it. I believe buying the real thing is foolish because INSURANCE & MAINTENANCE eat you up.

Hey Hawk, I heard from a buddy of mine that let's say you need to do an engine rebuild?? about 50K!! I have no idea how much $$ you have but!!! doing work on one ?? I hope you makim SHAQ type $$

Just my .02

RUNDLC

real vs fake?

Shouldn't the more appropriate question be Quality vs. image?

I've never had a real "issue" informing people (when they asked . . . which was rare) that my car was a replica. My last V8 308 ( @ 11.17 in the 1/4 mile) would leave the real one sitting in the dust and I was pretty proud of that.

I just used to say: "why would I buy a real 308 with 250-280HP and high maintainence, when I can have a similar look, go faster and still work on it?

Do'nt get me wrong, I'd love to have a real one just to cruise around in. The 308's are now pretty inexpensive and affordable by almost anyone anyhow.

My bottom line has always been the satisfaction of building the car, the engine etc. For many of us, it's not just "Having an Exotic" looking car, it's the actual pride of completing a project. In fact, I always have my eyes open for a real 308 with a bad motor / drivetrain. It would be a real rush for my next project to be a real 308 / 328 with a domestic V8. The best of both worlds.

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Well I have been looking into building a Diablo with a 2JZ engine in it that would make well over 1000hp backed with tubi exhaust, and if that some how happens whats the point of the orginal?. I would have something as powerfull as a Veyron and cool as a lamborghini.

Im not to conserned with the hole "fake" issue i see it like i this if its done right, its still pretty damn cool. You can go out there and buy a Rolex, but id rather find somebody who can build a watch. Most "real" Lamborghini owners complain because a replica gets no good resale value which I think is retarded. I guess everybody has there needs one way or another me personally If im gonna build a replicar that will take the place of the orginal, Im gonna do it right, It for one will be built from the best replicar builders out there like NAERC and it will be much more powerfull than the orginal.

I would enjoy driving a car like an orginal Lamborghini no doubt but I would take a great deal of pride if i built it from the ground up. So right now im currently waiting for a highmilage Diablo 6.0VT or a possible junkyard dog buildup.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

I had a crazy idea... Take out the original V12 and put in a 6.0 LS2 or big block or find a used Viper motor and see if you can get it to work. If the biggest problem with the Lambo's is the "motor" ((shrug)) its a crazy idea but it does make sense in the long run to have something more reliable? I'm not saying I would actually DO something like that but... If you could find a good motor to fit and work with the trany. I know... the value would go down and what motor would work with a lambo transmission. ;D

good luck finding a tranny for the 2JZ that wont be shredded in a few minutes.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com