Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chamaco

Chamaco

Since you can legaly produce your car it would be neat to see some pictures of your N-ZO project.

Please.. ;D

Chamaco

Re: Chamaco

Dear Mr. Ferrari,
    I will be glad to do so once I learn how to post (lol). I still have a ways to go on this sucker though. There has been a lot of banging and panging to get the plug back to what it was before a little mishap with unwanted, unsolicited idiots, so i wouldn't call it a kit as such. I would keep it more as a one-of. My business is not building or fabricating kits by the way. I do this for pleasure only. If you check the forum, I joined when I started looking for somebody who could build me an Enzo back in December and I have to be very honest, after getting all sorts of "deals", I decided to play it safe and started my own build instead with the help of my inhouse staff. I have built kits in the past (Cobra, Aztec 7, GTO). Gotten ripped off a few times in the process and after many years of not doing anything kit related, I decided to try back this past December and was saddened to realize that unfortunately for many of us, this industry is still what it turned into some 12-15 years ago. I don't doubt there is still an honest soul out there, but unfortunately; those who are just and honest, many times end up paying the sinner's bills and what I have run into so far since my comeback, has been a few vultures trying to prey on easy dinner. Honestly, I just wasn't up to falling for it. I do wish however that ethics would could come back into play in this business, for the beauty of what it is. And by the way Mr. Ferrari, opening a new post under my Nick, although I am flattered, is totally unnecessary. I am not a car model, nor a part, just want to remain being one of the guys...low profile...and if I can be of any help to anyone...or can share a thought or two, I'll be glad to be a guest as I have mentioned to Ari (who by the way has been very kind and helpful since the site was revamped).
    My Kindest regards to you.
    Sincerely,
    Jon Michael Bischof
    AKA-Chamaco

Sorry I started a thread with your alias name..But I see your victory against the big "F" lawyers as monumental.. I know you are just one of us but how many of us have ever had "F" lawyers come visit once and come back again to part match real NZ-O parts..The best part is they cant do jack to you and you are going right back after them ;D

I just wanted to see a picture of this high attention car that you are legaly building..

--Mark--

Chamaco, your PM box is full so I'll have to post here:

I do not want to trouble you to repeat what you have already done legally concerning Ferrari's lawyers, however I would ask if you could send me the link of how you did so in order that I can read your success myself. Is the thread here or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Chamaco
    For all of you hearing all these horror stories about Ferrari sending in the National Guard, the Navy Seals, S.W.A.T, Terminator, Rambo, all with the intention of dettering you from building "their cars", a few months ago I mentioned on this forum I had the big "F" people around my toy house. At the end they were able to do diddle!!!! I actually counter sued them and they are now trying to settle out of court, but hey, now its my turn.

Get this straight: Nobody can sue you for making a replica. If you phisically take a car and pull molds off of it that is one thing.

If you make a plug however, based on whatever design you make, you invent, you contract or simply come up with, (which be who be or say who say he is, WILL NEVER in their wildest dreams be the exact thing) this it is not an infringement. If you make it and say it is a real one, then you're in trouble, but if you state it is a replica based on your creation, you can even sell these publicly

Their little fat, short, attorney showed up here with an Enzo side glass under his arm, to fit in the space provided for it in my mold and guess what? It fit but not like the factory one...which was obvious so CASE DISMISSED!!!! I was hoping he would bring the front windshield so I could knock him on the head and adjust it to my mold, but unfortunately he didn't. As a catching up note, I have since this happened, sued them back for missrepresentations, for threatening my employees and me, for malicious public accusations without the proper and sustainable proof, for diphamation and punitive damages (and for speaking with a Lithp!!!! LOL...the little shmuck!!!). We have since gotten two calls to settle out of court. IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! Keep up the good work guys, just dont rent a Ferrari and pull molds off of it, be creative.
    Kindest regrads,
    CHAMACO

Hey Jon,

I would be excited to post your build progress of the enzo on my site. I am in the process of updating with a new Murci scratch build, I think your build would fit perfectly as another eye catching project.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

This is interesting information as the kit magazines and most online sites all say that Ferrari has been laying the smackdown on companies left and right for years now. This also means that you can make ANY replica of ANY car.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamaco
    For all of you hearing all these horror stories about Ferrari sending in the National Guard, the Navy Seals, S.W.A.T, Terminator, Rambo, all with the intention of dettering you from building "their cars", a few months ago I mentioned on this forum I had the big "F" people around my toy house. At the end they were able to do diddle!!!! I actually counter sued them and they are now trying to settle out of court, but hey, now its my turn.

Get this straight: Nobody can sue you for making a replica. If you phisically take a car and pull molds off of it that is one thing.

If you make a plug however, based on whatever design you make, you invent, you contract or simply come up with, (which be who be or say who say he is, WILL NEVER in their wildest dreams be the exact thing) this it is not an infringement. If you make it and say it is a real one, then you're in trouble, but if you state it is a replica based on your creation, you can even sell these publicly

Their little fat, short, attorney showed up here with an Enzo side glass under his arm, to fit in the space provided for it in my mold and guess what? It fit but not like the factory one...which was obvious so CASE DISMISSED!!!! I was hoping he would bring the front windshield so I could knock him on the head and adjust it to my mold, but unfortunately he didn't. As a catching up note, I have since this happened, sued them back for missrepresentations, for threatening my employees and me, for malicious public accusations without the proper and sustainable proof, for diphamation and punitive damages (and for speaking with a Lithp!!!! LOL...the little shmuck!!!). We have since gotten two calls to settle out of court. IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! Keep up the good work guys, just dont rent a Ferrari and pull molds off of it, be creative.
    Kindest regrads,
    CHAMACO

This is interesting information as the kit magazines and most online sites all say that Ferrari has been laying the smackdown on companies left and right for years now. This also means that you can make ANY replica of ANY car.
    Exactly what I was thinking..Who is going to make a F430 ??

Just to be certain - does this defeat of Ferrari apply only to Canada? the USA? both countries?

I ask because IP rights are different in each country with Indian being the most famous example. Indian motorcycles in the US cannot do anything about Indian motorcycle themed restaurants in Canada and the restuarants cannot make motorcycles.

It may not matter concerning kit-car replicas, but I just thought that I'd ask for clarification in case the day came I got a phone call.

Chamaco

It applies world wide and is based on international law. If you were to have trouble and didn't do any of the "no-no's" I've mentioned in previous posts, you are home free. There is nothing they can do as long as:
    1) You don't sell your car claiming it is an original.
    2) You don't splash your replica off of an original 1:1 scale Ferrari.
    3) You don't fall into the category of Industrial Spying or use any of their patented technology on your cars.
    You can however, purchase original rims and install them. Purchase original decals and place them. Buy original parts (bumbers, engines, suspension, etc.) as long as you specify: Replica of a Ferrari with original Ferrari rims, engine, bumpers or as the case may be.
    Kindest Regards,
    Chamaco