Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember that "joke"?  Ha, Ha, Ha...

Remember that "joke"?  Ha, Ha, Ha...

Some time ago I had JOKINGLY said that I would open a Kit/rod shop to prove to the industry that a kit car company CAN be run above boards and TOTALLY legitamately?

That JOKE? That slight of toungue? That totally hypathetical?

Well... I decided, after I heard myself say it, to go ahead with the idea.

I know... I said I never would, but... Why not?

So I begin the search, found the property, met with the owners/managers and BAM! Pending final approval of all the "details", I will be opening a Custom Fab, Locator and assembly shop here in the Vancouver metro area!

We will do kits, assemblies, customs, rods and provide a MUCH NEEDED parts locator service for all kinds of kit parts. Essentially, a once stop shop for all your custom needs.

NOT a repair shop. NOT a body shop. Not a place to pick up an alternator for an 86 Buick!

I'm meeting with the principles on Friday afternoon to get the final details worked out and the note signed. Cosmetic Construction will begin within a week or so and I hope to be open by the end of April.

So... Who needs What?

Wish me luck!

Oh... I need a name. Any suggestion?
    So far, "DKOV Motorsports" has the table

DKOV -

Re: Remember that "joke"? *Ha, Ha, Ha...

Congradulations....... How about " Legit Kitcars Inc."

Now for my list of what I need. Is you fax full of paper? ha ha ha.... But seriously sounds like you have thought it for a while. I have considered doing the same down here in Fl. But I am computer tech by trade. But I have always had a dream of cars. My first car was a 69 Camaro. with 4 bald tires a rusted out LR quarter and a wrecked RF fender.
    http://members.aol.com/nautique1/69camaro.jpg Then I got married..... I love my wife and kids but want my camaro back. Its been about 6yrs now and I ve gotten to where I can do me a kit. Had to build the wife a house first. Once you get your doors open I will definitly buy from you.

Bo

DKOV,

Good luck, I wish much success. It is always nice when there is s guy you can trust doing kitcar business. I always said I would open a custom car shop when income wasn't neccessary. Sometimes I even hope to get laid off to pursue it. I really like the legit kitcar company as a name. But it is yours and probably want your name on the sign. Again best of luck.

Oh and set up a website.
    1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Less than 100 made. My father spent 3 yrs restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion, it is his life.<br />It's his fault he didn't lock the garage<br /><br />BobbyD

kitcarnut

DKOV best of luck,hope you'll have time to shoot the s..t with us. What about West Coast Dream Cars?? good luck

Amazing news Scott! If you need a webpage you know who to call

In terms of a name, thats a toughy. Something short and memorable is what you want - and it would be even better if the domain name in .com was available. I would also keep it somewhat general if I were you - thatway you won't end up being called something like "West Coast Fiero & Import shop" if you ever decide to expand to that area.

Re: Remember that "joke"?  Ha, Ha, Ha...

Thanks all... I appreciate the well wishes.

Yes, there will be a degree of "import tuner" stuff there. After all, that is where a large percentage of money is being spent.

Our focus will be kits and customs but the Import Tuner's can fit into that catagory pretty easily.

We'll also be doing some spec builds too. I've just recently purchased a '93 Civic that we'll "tune" and sell on spec.

I will also be completing a 427 SC Cobra and my Mirage 355 there. In fact, my buddy is bringin in his Rodster!

Of course, my enhanced 1991 Lotus Esprit Turbo will have a spot on the showroom floor

Perhaps, my Supercharged 2000 Durango R/T might see a short stint as a floor model too.

Who knows?

I once thought that the name "Koving" sounded pretty good. Kinda like Koenig, but different

DKOV -

Wasn't Koenig the german king right before world war one?

Re: Remember that "joke"?  Ha, Ha, Ha...

Uh... OK. If you say so...

Then how about "Car-Nig"... that would translate to "German Car King", right?

Oh. I'm not German.

DKOV -

DKOV: How's this for the first Body kit you design and sell?

(I had some free time a while back and threw this together in Photoshop).
    A new nose piece / side skirt for a 96-98 Eagle Talon/Mitsubishi Eclipse. If this body kit was available I'd buy it (Always loved the Eclipse... cheap super power available, all wheel drive...) I'd do it myself but because of school don't have the time, money, or an eclipse :P There's also that 355 project of mine as welll..

Ari

Just thought of what in my opinion would be the perfect name (But then again I'm biased because this is my idea we're talking about!)

"Carbon Motors"
    As in "carbon copies" of cars. You also get a reference to "Carbon fiber" in your name, for the Import car body kit gurus. Or maybe "CarbonCars Inc", might be easier to design a logo for a company which has two words which start with "C" in their name.

There's always "Carbonmobiles" too, but that might be streching it