Thread: Have You Guys Looked At Modifying A Factory Five GTM?

Have You Guys Looked At Modifying A Factory Five GTM?

This car interests me because of its platform and construction. I am wondering if anyone out there has considered building this up an reshaping some of the body panels? The GTM seems like it would be a good candidate for some mods. Does it have an interpretation of an F430 in there? What about something else that has the design of the exotic but is still unique and not a direct copy? Can you add some hard lines to the car to give it a more agressive look of something like a Murcielago? Is the new Muira concept in there as well?

The car to me seems so much more advanced than a Fiero or whatever else a lot of people try and use. I believe the design just needs some of you skilled guys on here to lay down an awesome rebody or "update". Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

James

Re: Have You Guys Looked At Modifying A Factory Five GTM?

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy the chassis and then form a whole new body around it?

Scourge,

I am not sure if it would be easier or not. I am not really sure about the process. Wouldn't you have to do more work in regards to interior, design and such? These guys already have the glass and everything figured out.

As you can tell I am not really familiar with the process of doing a whole body plug. Why would this be easier?

James

i have been looking into it for a while now and have considered building my own supercar around the chassis BUT the problem is it uses a Corvette engine and only a vette engine.

I want to use the Ultima GTR because I have seen people use the Mclaren F1 engine those things and I want to use a Dodge Viper engine for my supercar build.

Im sick of Corvette engines being used on everything, The Corvette, SSC Aero, Mosler, Vector W3.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Chamaco

This has been placed here before, but doing something like this might be your best bet. Lot of work involved but the end result is what you want to make of it.

http://ahru.co.jp/usercar/index2.htm

Good Luck!
    Kindest regards,
    Chamaco

Chamco,

Yes, I was thinking of something similar to that. Maybe not as much of a change as what they did and definately not into an F40. Do you think that adding some pieces here or there is more work than building a car from scratch?

I have to give the nod to an NSX over the GTM for reasons of safety and sound insulation. Also, you can buy the car from almost anywhere. That can be the downside as well in that it is not a rare car and that it will not hold its value too well.

Thanks,

James

FFR is building a GTM race chassis. I have seen the GTM in person and sat in it. It is very low and sleek in person. Pics don't do it justice. The GTM would be a good platform for varying exotic bodies IMHO.

I'm surprised the corvette chassis isnt used more either. I find the newest vette having alot of influence by 360/430 design. Could it be that the front ends tend to be long as opposed to cab forward?
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC