Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corvette, NSX, Ferrari. Donor Question.

Corvette, NSX, Ferrari. Donor Question.

I remember awhile back (man years ago) seeing in a mag a Viper-like kit on a Corvette and of course the model Ferrari seen on Miami Vice. Since then I haven't heard or seen the Corvette used. Almost always it is the Fiero. Questions....

1)Are there any other "kits", "rebodies" that would fit on a Corvette?
    2)Would the Corvette be a good donor the build new designs on (as opposed to the Fiero)? I know a newer Corvette is much more $$$$$ than a Fiero but besides that is there any reason why they haven't been used?
    3)I saw that NSX based "F50" posted on here recently (http://ahru.co.jp/usercar/index2.htm). Would the Corvette be a good choice for say an Enzoish, Enzo inspired creation?
    4)How close are the measurements on an Enzo and Corvette? An NSX and F50?

Thanks for any input ;D

Re: Corvette, NSX, Ferrari. Donor Question.

The issue here is the fact that the corvette is a front engine car as opposed to both the fiero the mr2 and the more current nsx which are all mid engine cars...

I think a big benefit of the NSX (as well as MR2) is the fact that it has a mid engine. As you are aware, Corvette will give you a different look in the dynamics and limit the body styles you can use. The NSX looks like a good option. How can we come up with a design that will hide the donor car (NSX) so that people do not see what is inside? The NSX has a very specific roof line and may be hard to get around. The MR2 however may be different. Did you see my post on the Pagani Zonda Rabbit?

James

Quote Originally Posted by cloudbaseracer
    Did you see my post an the Pagani Zonda Rabbit?
    My wife emailed Rabbit about the Zonda. No reply yet though.

I guess that if you wanted to there are a few front engined Ferrari's that look good:
    Ferrari 456
    Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
    Ferrari 550
    Ferrari 575M Maranello
    Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

Turning a C4 Corvette into a Viper is something I've seen kits for from England.
    The First Gen of Vipers produced 400hp, with the newest making just over 500hp. With some tuning you can get a 'Vette into those numbers.
    As a mater of personal taste, I don't like the rear on the Viper. It's just ugly.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

what about chassis for GT40 replicas?

or

http://www.sefap.net/

Can these be adapted to fit exotic body panels effectively?
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

You can make a exotic, custom, body for a GT40 chassis. Check out GT40s.com for info on the GT.
    Why don't you just get a Factory Five Racing GTM Supercar and modify that?
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

That GTM or the Ultima is what i plan on using but the only thing that sucks is they are both setup for chevy engines and I want to use a Viper V-10.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

You should speak with john over @ 360-COR John will be using a Corvette as his donor for the 360.

On the ultima or GTM all of the hard work has been done (building a functional car). All you need to do is figure out how to get that V10 in there. If your dead set on using that engine you need to take measurements of the physical dimensions of it, and figure out the engine management issues. You'll be able to figure out what car the engine will physically fit into. You could probably get an older kit like an Avenger/Valkyrie or Maurader for cheap and have something to start your V-10 prototype build. Welding skills would be helpful to fabricate an engine cradle/subframe that would bolt into the existing/modified chassis.

Check out Race Car Replicas for some awesome chassis and bodies.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.