Thread: Electric or Alternative Powertrain Sport cars and trucks wanted

Electric or Alternative Powertrain Sport cars and trucks wanted

I am actually in Philippines and have sold a good chunk of my company, Imani Motors, to a German group and looking for a new project. We built carbon fiber cars and trucks. I have manufacturing here in Philippines and very qualified, but very inexpensive labor, so I am very interested in building and selling electric sport cars and trucks and luxury vehicles like the Bentley too, as long as they include alternative fuel powertrains such as electric, hydrogen or whatever other technologies that are out there that are indeed real and cost effective.

Look forward to replies at smilex1@aol.com
    Scott.

Re: Electric or Alternative Powertrain Sport cars and trucks wanted

Try looking into biodiesel.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

How expensive are carbon fiber panels to make for a replica car there?
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

Scott,

Electric is definately the way to go. What projects do you have in mind? Have you seen www.teslamotors.com

James

I see hydrogen as a better alternative, but you need something that's marketable.
    After Audi put the R10 in Le Mans I figure pointing out biodesel (while not what Audi used) may sell more cars.
    Later C11's ran a Diesel engine and set all kinds of records.

Electric is a great idea, you get torque right away with an insane feeling of speed, but the public opinion is that it may be good for around town but not over a distance. Lithium Ion batteries are prohibitly expensive at this point.

If you're interested in electric powered cars send me a PM and I may be able to dig out one of my old e-books on the subject.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

Thanks for the input so far. I know the guys over at Tesla. They have spent a fortune ($20 mil so far) on their project but they raised around $40 mil too. Anyway, I would like to build a car and/or system and deliver it around $30k to $50k.

When I funded the Imani project it cost me around $3.5 mil and 4 years, but that got a fiberglass plug, molds and everything for 2 vehicle designs. They now have 11 dealers worldwide, have just got an offer from Saudi to put in a V12 BMW engine in the Sport Truck and sell it for around $120k, which should theoretically make it the fastest production truck. Our new partners have also increased the price of the other roadster and regular truck to $49k and $52k. Anyway, the first vehicles should roll out within a couple months hopefully.

Our carbon fiber bodies cost around $3,500 to $5,000.

We are also testing hydrogen right now. We saw a fuel cell in an F150 V8 truck that makes on board HHO from 12v battery and seems to be getting certified mile increase of 40 to 60% right now.

But I really like electric and then use solar power chargers, especially here in Philippines, to charge the vehicles. I just wish there was a cost effective electric powertrain solution.