Thread: do you like your cars?

do you like your cars?

hi i was wondering how long did you keep your builds for after you have completed your builds, or when you recieved your cars from a builder? i have noticed that alot of people sell there completed builds right after they finished or recieved them from a builder. i just wanted to know what was the reason for getting rid of your car ? did you get bored that fast, need the money, car is having alot of problems? whatever the reason , please share. i have not heard of anyone keeping a car for more than a year. so im very curious. :?: :?: :?:

Re: do you like your cars?

I have had my Sterling for over 10 years.

Well, I've had mine for coming up on 5 years now .... someday soon maybe I'll even be able to drive it ....

I began building FunnyWheels in 1998. That is 8 years to date. I have driven the car for many happy miles during each phase. The latest FunnyWheels has taken 3 years to get to the point it is today. It is the third time I have reworked the car from top to bottom. Sometimes I even thing this last version is as clost to the real 355 as one can get a replica. It is a labor of love and persistance.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

If you dont like your car, give it to me! ;D
    -If you build it...they will buy.-

I havnt driven the new 308 kit much at all due to minor problems with a coolant leak.. :-\
    I made new headlight covers and backed the car out to take pictures of the car and put it back in the garage..

I did drive it a few times and love the car..I have tried but cant figure the leak out on my own and am just to busy to get it into a shop..

Winter is almost here now and I will have it all ready for next season

I just bought the car and am going to keep it for a while so ITS NOT FOR SALE ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    I began building FunnyWheels in 1998. That is 8 years to date. I have driven the car for many happy miles during each phase. The latest FunnyWheels has taken 3 years to get to the point it is today. It is the third time I have reworked the car from top to bottom. Sometimes I even thing this last version is as clost to the real 355 as one can get a replica. It is a labor of love and persistance.

Dave
    That looks exactly the same as a real 355, nice job.

I drive my 308 GTb now for a couple of years. It is built on a GT 1988 so with the new suspension (last year of Fiero production). So the car is a pure beauty and... I did not spend any money for repairs, except front breaks and disc. The only thing to do is the car need a new paint (probably during the next winter).
    I have also a daily driver for summer (Fiero GT 88) in excellent condition and a daily driver for winter (Toyota van 4X4). So I do not plan to sell my Ferrari. Maybe some day I will install a Lambo Mucielago kit on the other GT 88.