Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: countach kits

countach kits

as you can probably tell, i'm interested in building a countach. i was wondering if i could get any input from people that have had experiences building them? i am interested in the non-stretch version too (not up for the whole cutting thing). what kit/manufacturer would you recommend?

NICK

kitcarnut

Re: countach kits

Nick,I once had a non streched IGF. but to me it looked funny. so I sold it and bought full size 25th.just a bit extra $ for kit and same amount of work. but hey thats mine opinion.

what kind of quality is the ifg kit? i'm sure there is always a better one, but is the quality good enough for the amount of money, or would another manufacturer be a better choice?

Shaolin, If I do another countach, I will go for the strech. Like KitCarNut said,"the strech looks more real looking..."

yeah...i probably figured most would say go with the stretch, but this is my first one, so i think it might make matters a little simpler if i go non-stretch (dont have a MIG welder yet anyways). any word on ifg's quality or recommend other manufacturers, post here

No matter what countach kit you get... you will have to do allot of welding, if you want the kit to be solid...

kitcarnut

Nick when I bought the IFG 5000,it was 10 years ago and 3Kmiles away .It was phone order.Kit was S..T. and also I did repaint on two early 25th for someone ,they too look so so.But I was in Ohio at Euroworks and he had nice non stretch 5000.they look neet and body was gelcoat black so it shows all imperfection.IT was good. Euroworks I would recommend.

does euroworks offer as much accesories that come with the kit as ifg because i noticed that ifg has a large list that comes with the kit? i would probably plan on getting the mirage k stage II kit. just want to know if it would be worth the extra grand or so.

kitcarnut

Best is E mail Alan at Euroworks and ask. Maybe Euro does not request as much add.parts.Then again ,will IFG ship all the parts you bought??

Hello: shaolin, As kitcarnut was saying get in touch with Alan at Euroworks, They do some amazing work. I think the mirage K stage 2 kit has everything you will need minus wheels/tires and steel ? Oh and I see on there site they have a special on that kit this month where they will pay some of the shipping ?. Good luck with you search.

Trevor,