Thread: How difficult would it be?

How difficult would it be?

How difficult would it be if id decide to build my own custom cars from scratch? everything built by myself, the tube chassis, the fiberglass body...

something as cool as the attack? ;D

How long would you think it would take me (someone who has no experiance in these things)??? ??? :-[
    -If you build it...they will buy.-

Re: How difficult would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by FataLDeath
    How difficult would it be if id decide to build my own custom cars from scratch? everything built by myself, the tube chassis, the fiberglass body...

something as cool as the attack? ;D

How long would you think it would take me (someone who has no experiance in these things)??? ??? :-[
    bloody years a real nightmare to develop from scratch

well, i wouldnt want to spend years of my life doing this...

so, how about a replica? my own replica on like a donor... that id want *coughgallardocough*...

The reason im asking is because this is my last year in high school and ill be really getting into the kit car world really soon, and i want to know what im really getting myself into. Most of the kits out now are not really my taste, so if im going to spend money into something, id rather be something i like.

Actually, you are asking two questions instead of one:

1. How difficult (long) would it be to build a car from scratch?

or

2. How difficult (long) would it be to build a car from scratch....and do it right?

Doing EVERYTHING from scratch is most often realistic as it is more effective to contract out work that you cannot do/cannot do as well as an expert. If you go with what you're good at and then contract out things you cannot do, a year to 18 months sounds more than reasonable to me.

It depends.

I heard people say its mission impossible and I have heard others that its possible its alot of time and money that you have to be worried about.

Best of luck to ya.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Bounce over to grabercars.com and see what's going on there if your set on building a car from scratch. Be warned that you need and extensive understanding of many aspects of car design, and a bit of math.
    The short answer is, it's harder than a rebody. If all you want is something that looks different then maybe modifying a current car would be your best bet.
    I wasn't all for the Fiero, as it's a 20+ year old car, but after driving my father's recently (I don't live with him, and it's a new toy) I honestly think that, with some work, it can be a really fun car and easy to modify. Look at PFF and see what kinds of things people are doing to the exteior/interior that arn't replicas.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

building one from scratch seems like a real headache...

then i guess im going to have to wait till poeple make kits of my favorite cars :-\ :'(... > ;D
    i wonder how top gun's el toro is coming along... ???