Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tora Motors...

Black Ops

Tora Motors...

Dream is DEAD!

Re: Tora Motors...

We are all interested in your project but it would greatly help if you could post a rendering of the car you have in mind. You have given a good description of what you are going to change but it is hard for me and probably others to get a true grasp of what the car will look like. Hopefully you have the prototype drawings you can submit so we can see what a little different in the front and the change in the back will be.

keep us posted!

James

Black Ops

5 Cars for crash testing!

Got a Letter from the Transport Authority here in Japan about 1730 today... Have been told I can make kit-cars no problems with that, but and I QUOTE " Your vehicle will have to pass 5 crash tests, before they can be licensed for road use and/or sold to the general public!"

Now I understand why there are so few kitcar companies here in Japan

Do the same thing happen in the US or the UK with kit makers?

I have to supply 5 cars for testing before they can be sold or licensed ..... I do not have the money to build 5 cars to be destroyed by a f**ken brick wall!

Now really thinking of returning to the UK and screw the Japanese life!

Dream is dying before even started.

Black Ops :'(

PS : Might just screw the idea, return to the UK and buy a Extreme 360 Spyder like what the wife wants and just do a 9 to 5 job!

Re: 5 Cars for crash testing!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops

PS : Might just screw the idea, return to the UK and buy a Extreme 360 Spyder like what the wife wants and just do a 9 to 5 job!
    That's not so bad
    MR2 TRD 2000GT Candy Red Tin Top | HKS 2.2 Stroker | GT35R | Power FC | TRD Wide Arch | Tenzo-R GT5 20x10&quot;R/19x8.5&quot;F<br />http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5963/siggx2.jpg<br />Nissan 300ZX | Peugeot 406 Coupe | Soon: Extreme 360

Bobi1

Got a Letter from the Transport Authority here in Japan about 1730 today... Have been told I can make kit-cars no problems with that, but and I QUOTE " Your vehicle will have to pass 5 crash tests, before they can be licensed for road use and/or sold to the general public!"

I have to supply 5 cars for testing before they can be sold or licensed ..... I do not have the money to build 5 cars to be destroyed by a f**ken brick wall!

You must give them 5 cars for crash test or 1 car for series of 5 crash tests? ??? You can develop the car in Japan, then export the chassis and the body in container in UK, then get license there and sell several kars, then use the profit to pay for the Japan crash test and build the next cars in Japan ;D

Quote Originally Posted by 3D_ENGINEERING
    You must give them 5 cars for crash test or 1 car for series of 5 crash tests? ??? You can develop the car in Japan, then export the chassis and the body in container in UK, then get license there and sell several kars, then use the profit to pay for the Japan crash test and build the next cars in Japan ;D
    Why would you even think you could put car buyers lives at risk building and selling a car that has no engineering or safety testing associated with it. Photo shop kit cars should only live on the net LOL.

Bobi1

Quote Originally Posted by CARBUILDER

Why would you even think you could put car buyers lives at risk building and selling a car that has no engineering or safety testing associated with it. Photo shop kit cars should only live on the net LOL.
    Be smart!!!
    Because in the UK you don't have to trash (crash ;D) 5 cars before you get any chance to produce and sell your cars to the public ???
    The cars could be 100% safe and engineering approved without crash tests Please, tell me which kitcar builder in the US or the UK make 5 crash tests before the production launch? :

Black Ops

The time here in Japan is 0300 in the morning, The other guys, my wife and myself have be talked all night about building a car in Japan and have come to the conclusion that it is far to expensive to set up and start making kit-cars, in Japan anyway.

The way the Japanese market is set is to protect the 4 main makers here Toyota, Nissan, Honda and Mitsubishi... the cheapest car in Japan is a Mitsubishi selling for about $7000US new, our car will sell for about $40,000 turnkey, the top of the range Toyota (Lexus in the US) is about $80,000

It will cost us in total about $120,000 to build, supply and test our cars before we have even made a cent for the company.... if the cars fail the crash test it will be back to the drawing board to start over again..... All 4 of us do not have that type of money to throw down the drain as we are family men....

May look in to re-bodies.... Will find out information about that on Monday..

I have ask Ari to delete this thread so please do not reply...

Black Ops

In the US, it is not required to do any crash testing on kit-cars. It is only if you are going to apply to me an actual manufacturer that you must provide crash testing to the NHTSA and environmental information to the EPA. Kit-car companies are exempt from this.

Before Hiro at MotoRex decided he wanted to go to prison on fraud charges, he crash tested Skyline GTRs to meet NHTSA requirements for all street legal cars in the US. He did not use a single car per crash, but rather a few cars to do all the crash testing.

Now, I understand more why there are not more kit-car companies in Japan. It's all about protecting the monopolies and maintaining the status quo. You should contact the gub'mint to verify if they do require 5 separate cars for their tests or if you could get by with two. What about selling the kit and letting the buyer deal with its construction? Not doable?

Just wanted to see if you had thought about finding out how ASL got their car certified in Japan? If it's not such a reem job, you could follow their lead.