Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayne's Lamborghini Diablo Roadster! New pics!

koenig

Wayne's Lamborghini Diablo Roadster! New pics!

I took the car out today and it ran GREAT! It didn't even reach 200 (in temp)! I took some shots of it at night and wow! I got the fuel guage working, and had my dad change the fuel tube around so the air tube is at the top. I had the radio on, and the lights and no power problem, I thought maybe it won't start again after going home but it did! Taking it to the coffee shop blew people away they were yelling "that's a lamborghini" it was nice.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...&addtype=local

Wayne
    aka koenig.

Black Ops

Re: Wayne's Lamborghini Diablo Roadster! New pics!

Wayne, Mate Happy to hear the car is running as you want it... Enjoy and have a many fun times in it.... ;D

Just remember to service the DIABLO and keep it clean and polished ... I have a mate in OZ with an AC Cobra.. when he got it, it was just completed and looked as if it had just come from a new car dealership .... he was to busy showing it off and forgot about the upkeep... 12 months later the car looked like crap...and was spending more time in the shop with repairs then on the road... :-[

Oil Change, check Brakes, filters, plugs ... etc etc etc.... allot have new cars and forget to get them serviced.. I know I did it once! :-\ and old car need more love and care then new ones :

Black Ops 8)

Hi all,

Nice to hear she's runnin, and runnin good from what it sounds like! Must be a reaaaaaall feeling when you build something and it gets to working like it should!!

On a side note, and a lil off topic but, how wide are your seats? Are they wider, smaller than fiero seats? Lastly, how comfortable are they compared to fiero seats?
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Hi Wayne.

Is the car fast? How mush HP would you say its kicking out? Looks like a fun ride dude!
    Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by koenig
    I took the car out today and it ran GREAT! It didn't even reach 200 (in temp)! I took some shots of it at night and wow! I got the fuel guage working, and had my dad change the fuel tube around so the air tube is at the top. I had the radio on, and the lights and no power problem, I thought maybe it won't start again after going home but it did! Taking it to the coffee shop blew people away they were yelling "that's a lamborghini" it was nice.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...&addtype=local

Wayne
    aka koenig.

koenig

I was told by john, 275 hp 300 pounds feet of torque. Although im going to make it faster, cause my dad is a old drag racer from way back in the sixties, and he has "ideals" lol.......

wayne.

275, that's what my old Camaro LT1 put out stock. I spent over five grand on it back then and I think it made an honest 365HP. 400 would be nice... 500 is getting a little crazy. But I like crazy!! ;D

koenig

The vacum advance isn't hooked up yet either, also I had a crazy ideal of taking the motor out, and putting in a newer vette motor, but will see.'

wayne.

When I build my car, I'm going with the 3800 Supercharged. The motor it self is going to be done up to the tits! ;D From headers, exhaust, heads ported out, cam, lifters, conecting rods, pistons, pully, Hypertech programer to even a NOS kit. I was told the 3800's don't over heat and they run very reliable. And you can do a ton of mods to them that will make em scream! I know my old Sunfire with the newer Ecotec motor went like hell and it wasn't even supercharged. At one time I use to think V8's are the way to go, but these days you can get a V6 to run eight seconds in a quarter mile. Of course your dumping a lot of money into them to do that.

koenig

Yeah I want that motor too, also because the engine cover looks way better on them, trouble is I don't know anyone that can install one for me, and which one to get either new or totally rebuild.

Your looking for a 3800? You can find them in a junk yard for fifteen hundred bucks or cheaper. Or order a crate motor for five grand. Also there are lots performance places that have a ton of stuff for them. As far as installing one, from what I was told, there easer to install in a Fiero then a V8. Also you donít need the V8 adapter kit for it. If you want you can talk to a guy Iíve been talking to for a while. His name is Chad. Here is his e-mail customspeed@hotmail.com He does these things. Heís in Ontario. I canít remember whereÖ I think around Toronto? I donít know him personally but he seems like a real decent guy and will always reply to any questions you have. Heís a builder but I havenít seen any of his cars. He is working on a shop car Diablo right now. From the sounds of it he sounds like he knows his stuff when it comes to kit cars. Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Hawk