Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CETI 360 Replica

The CETI 360 Replica

Well I recieved another email from ceti......

Seems like they are buying a burned out 360 Coupe to produce the replica they claim to already have.....

at least it sounds more convincing than the old toy model they planned on using.

Any other Manufactor claiming to make a 360 Replica?
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: The CETI 360 Replica

THAT 360 burnt totalled car is the same 360 that was for sale on YAHOO AUCTIONS a couple days ago...

hmmm its still under auction!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    go to www.auctions.yahoo.com
    and then search for FERRARI F1 360... itsin thereee!!!!!

CETI are nothing but scam artists!!!!!

Do not deal with them!!!

0 bids and the auction isnt even over and its the same exact pic!

TAKE CARE AND BE VERY CAREFUL!
    PETE

Can you believe these guys!!!!

Id like to see someone from CETI show up on this forum to answer their critcs! WON'T Happen!

Here's a question hopefully someone may be able to help me with.....

I have a great detailed model of a 360 and I was thinking of having a C.A.D. company scan the bodyand produce a lifesize
    Foam sculpture..... Would this be a good enough way ( or too expensive?) to begin *building my body panels? *I am waiting to here from a few 3D Foam companies to give me estimates. Anyone here anything or know if this methood would be effective? Keep in mind , I only intend to build 1 car. Possibly 2 if my soon to be wife decides she wants one . I am debating useing a fiero or second generation MR2.

Any thoughts?

I recall reading somewhere about a company that takes your drawing ( inthis case it would be your model) and maks a 3d model. This is not to scale 1/24 I think. they wanted $50,000 US , little pricey if you ask me. I don't know of any company's that make 1/1 scale models. You may have to resort to sculpting it you self ??
    www.xvelocity.com

The one company i do know of is a company owned by exotic rebodies....

http://www.automotiveprototype.com/

this is what they told me:

Thanks for your e-mail.

There is a good deal of cost involved in producing a plug, molds, bodies and installing them. Your amortized cost per vehicle would end up somewhere around $66,000 to $75,000 each, depending on if you intend to use the second generation MR 2 or the new MR Spyder as your donor vehicle.

The cost to sculpt the plug and produce molds would total approximately $150,000. The price per body kit would run $5,000 ($25,000 total). The balance consists of labor, paint, misc. parts, wheels & tires, paint, etc.

Some how i think the majority of this quote is major profit.
    I have a buddy in the movie prop business and he knows it can be done significantly cheaper and still maintain High quality ...especially since only one or two bodies will be made.

for that kind of money... i'd get a real ferrari!!! a 348 or 355!!

Getting the 3d model wouldn't be a problem, finding someone with the facilites to "print" a 3D model that big would be. You might have an easier time doing each body panel seperately - that way you can have more choices of companies to use.

I would love to see the leagle eagles from ferrari swoop down on him and shut his site down too. I can dream can't I? regardless if he is Black, White, or Green...race means nothing and mentioning it is disrespect. He may be a scam and that we can disrespect them for that. ONe thing is for sure... His lies are adding up so fast...considering i just heard of this guy.

As for my ongoing 360 research... I think i may do the body panels seperately just to make the process easier. aswell I think slanting the windshield back on a fiero or MR2 may make it look more realistic.

i found this information about a concept car that has looks similar to the 360 ferrari. Might be worth looking at. Go to the website www.coolcustomcars.com and look under concept pics. i have talked to the owner several times about his testarossa cars.

Interesting... that site, coolcustomcars... is posting pictures from 355 kits that were featured on E-bay some time ago... maybe 6 months? Anyway, they are the EXACT pictures from the sale add on e-bay! I should know, I downloaded them for my "photo reference" file and I still have them!

That Black 355 was an IFG kit that the guy bought an completed and is now selling.

I guess these grasses are FULL of snakes!!!

DKOV -