Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diablo or DDR

Diablo or DDR

Within the next week or two, I might be getting a Fiero GT.

I really want a Lamborghini Diablo, I have looked at alot of bodykits from diffrent companys and even heard the D&R is under new management so that has givin me alot of confednice on a Diablo. However a Lamborghini isn't a beginers replicar its the most difficult, and the problem is I haven't built any kitcars in the past and unfornately iam still young in my early 20's and what do most people drive? Honda Civics!.

So I have been doing alot of resreach and looked into the K1 attack and thought great kit but I hate what powers it. The Factory Five Racing GTM is awesome but thats out of my leauge. I feel in love with DDR, Mclaren F1 styling, Toyota MR2 parts and the best part is its not that expensive compared with most of the kitcars out there. Plus it uses its own chassis meaning that I don't have to hackup anything. Also I can race it which is what I want to do.

Personally I know both cars will be a pain to put together but I think the DDR will have some advanages over the Diablo, However the Diablo will have its own advanage over a DDR. I guess my question would be to anyone if they where in my position is which kit would you go with?.

Keep in mind guys there isn't that much time, Iam very close to buying a used Fiero GT.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Black Ops

Re: Diablo or DDR

1) The K1 Attack, You do not have to have the Honda Engine in it. you can drop in a MR2 Turbo Engine
    2) Factory Five Racing GTM would be great if you have the $$$$$
    3) To build Diablo is a pain in the ar$e cause of the Doors from what I have read on a Lambo replica Forum
    3) If you are going for the DDR, get the SP8 when it comes out You can drop the LS1 Engine in it.

Black Ops 8)

Bobi1

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops

3) If you are going for the DDR, get the SP8 when it comes out You can drop the LS1 Engine in it.

Black Ops 8)

4) If you are going for the DDR, get the SP4 and just modify little part of the middle of the chassis. You can drop the LS1 Engine in it. Thus, you will save $10,100

5) Or wait 7-8 months for the $18,000 Diabla complete kit.

ive seen all of them in person, and i like all of them . you can always build your car the way you like it. ;D they all have there own special things. if i were you i would go to the next carlise first. then talk to the builders and owners to see what you really want. my 2 cents.

Ummm, last time I checked the ddr was more expensive than the GTM and the GTM was a more complete kit.
    Scott

The GTM might be the cheapest of the bunch to complete.

The DDR SP4 is 23k for the kit. Add the Donor and you are looking at a 30k pricetag. Forget the SP8. the roller is over 30k

its been said that you can build the GTM for around 30k. 19 for the kit and 10 for a donor. I think it looks great and will surely run circles around the sp4

Black Ops

Well if the Factory Five Racing GTM is the cheaper to build than the DDR than go for that, it is the better looker of the bunch...

Black Ops 8)

No Offence 3D but unless we can see a Pic of the Diabla, who in their right mind would put money into it?

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy
    The GTM might be the cheapest of the bunch to complete.

The DDR SP4 is 23k for the kit. Add the Donor and you are looking at a 30k pricetag. Forget the SP8. the roller is over 30k

its been said that you can build the GTM for around 30k. 19 for the kit and 10 for a donor. I think it looks great and will surely run circles around the sp4
    When considering prices for kits remember wheels, tires, paint, interior and a bunch of odds and ends. It adds up quick and skimp on any of these and your nice ride looks like crap. You would be hard pressed to build a GTM for $30K. You may put $40K into a GTM but you can probably get most of that back(or more if you do a good job). I don't see getting your investment back on a DDR. I guess time will tell.
    Scott
    Scott

Bobi1

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops
    Well if the Factory Five Racing GTM is the cheaper to build than the DDR than go for that, it is the better looker of the bunch...

Black Ops 8)

No Offence 3D but unless we can see a Pic of the Diabla, who in their right mind would put money into it?
    Here's the pic:
    http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/6607/1dh3.png

I might be going for the GTM but I don't see many Corvette donor cars sitting around.

Black Opps I don't want the lambo just for the doors. I want it because I want the hole damn thing!. Im not some punk in a Civic that slaps Lambo doors on a car.
    So whats wrong with a replica?