Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Cover For ferrari Kits...???

Engine Cover For ferrari Kits...???

We all have seen the Lambo engine covers, does anyone know of a cover for a Ferrari? Any model, there is just too many ferrari kit cars out there so there has to be an engine cover somewhere....pics please....

Re: Engine Cover For ferrari Kits...???

About the only thing that I know that might work is to have a machine shop remove the word Lambroghini from the V12 engine cover.I dont think theres anyhting avalable right now for Ferrari.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

How about this?

That's the engine cover I made , the only problem is that it is a bit heavy to put it in and out of the car, so I'm now trying to make it less, but I haven't got an idea yet how to manage that.

Good job How much would you sell it for?

Quote Originally Posted by BraatGT
    That's the engine cover I made , the only problem is that it is a bit heavy to put it in and out of the car, so I'm now trying to make it less, but I haven't got an idea yet how to manage that.
    That's really nice.
    Is there any reason you couldn't hide a hinge at the front of the cover so you could lift it out of the way to get to the trunk (boot) as opposed to removing the whole thing?
    I'm assuming this is why you'd need to remove it so often.

You could probably also use fiberglass and body filler to make the aluminum frame, or use a thinner metal, if that's plausable.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

Quote Originally Posted by BraatGT
    Holy cow!!!!

That's some INCREDIBLE work.....how did you actually make that?? what did you use to copy the boxes and air intakes?? Plaster, clay, bondo, fiberglass?? can you provide some more info if you can?? Thanks

Fanstastic work - I can't tell the difference between real or fake....Now that's what I call a real talent!

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

WOW, is all that I have to say!!!!

I have one question though. Is there enough room between the engine and the deck lid for this engine cover? I know in my AD 355 kit, there is very little room between the Fiero engine and the deck lid.

Thanks for the tips reducing the weight of the engine cover, itís really a one-off and not for sale, I will use it at my own car. Making the cover didnít cost me a lot of money, I only bought the gas caps and the pranching horse emblem, the rest I made from some foam and fiberglass. The frame and air covers are made from MDF wood, The valve covers are made from foam with a layer of fiberglass on it and some bondo. I didnít have a real engine to measure it with so I made my cover with only a few pictures in my hand but it did work out really well, especially if seen through a tinted rear window.

BTW this is a 360 Modena engine cover and there's more space than in a 355