Thread: This is scary. I had a thought...lol

This is scary. I had a thought...lol

I really did. Wait it could have been 2 thoughts.

So I have always wanted to start a kitcar related business. I have several ideas, as im sure everyone has. From being a Broker, restorations, parts locating, even historical stuff. I have my website and thats always a starting point. But to all the people who have a related business, how exactly did you get started? I would say I have the knowledge, and the capital can be obtained, but what got you motivated?

Here is my second thought. Why hasnt anyone taking the time to capitalize on the import market? In the states its huge. I mean aside from the few kits that have come (and pretty much gone) like the Attack, and the Vitesse (gulf coast motors). What else is there? IM not talking 355/360 kits. Everyone talks about the industry being in a downward spiral, and this looks like a way to get out.

And out of all the old VW kits came out there are no molds for anything ? were they all destroyed? I might be reaching a little here but there is so much more that can be done. But we are still stuck on lambos and ferrari.

Re: This is scary. I had a thought...lol

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy

So I have always wanted to start a kitcar related business. I have several ideas, as im sure everyone has. From being a Broker, restorations, parts locating, even historical stuff. I have my website and thats always a starting point. But to all the people who have a related business, how exactly did you get started? I would say I have the knowledge, and the capital can be obtained, but what got you motivated?

Here is my second thought. Why hasnt anyone taking the time to capitalize on the import market? In the states its huge. I mean aside from the few kits that have come (and pretty much gone) like the Attack, and the Vitesse (gulf coast motors). What else is there? IM not talking 355/360 kits. Everyone talks about the industry being in a downward spiral, and this looks like a way to get out.

And out of all the old VW kits came out there are no molds for anything ? were they all destroyed? I might be reaching a little here but there is so much more that can be done. But we are still stuck on lambos and ferrari.
    contact us

info@dnaautomotive.com

I have contacted you . Several emails have been sent back and forth. I understand you are looking for US agents, and from what I see the 360 is very good. If you would like to send me a message or email with your reqiurments for a agent I would be more then happy check it out.

Nobody has any advice, comments, anything?

Not me... :-\ Sorry

Why is your name slipondajimmy?

Just a name I have used for about 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PiMPaLiCiouS

Not me... :-\ Sorry

Why is your name slipondajimmy?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by slipondajimmy

I'm not sure I understand your questions but I will share MY thoughts...

What gets people motivated??
    Simply their LOVE for building something from scratch and seen the finished product come to life...If you are that kind of person and has some skills with your hands AND have a business mind (that's very important) then you can make a few $$....Many folks have great ideas and great desire but NO BUSINESS sense. If you're doing this as a hobby or a part-time job then you'll be in debt most of the time...

Why not capitalize of the import market:
    I'm not sure what that mean really....There is a HUGE import market in the US (aftermarket parts, body kits, performance parts etc)...That market is already well established and growing....I'm not sure what VW-based kits you're talking about...the older kits like the Avenger, the Bradley, the 356 Speedster are still around but who wants to build those on an old VW chassis?? Besides all those kits (in my opinion) are as UGLY as they come!! They are always for sale on eBay and they go for dirt cheap....most of them have been sitting around for decades in someone's garage after the owners realized how ugly they look to begin with...

The Attack kit is still alive (barely) but expensive...and that's exactly the biggest problem with the newer kits in the market....Most all of them are TOO EXPENSIVE....That's why people are still building F355 and Diablo kits, because there are plenty of them around and are reasonably priced. The demand is not there for older VW-based kits.

If you noticed in the Import market the focus is not so much the body kits and the rear wings any more but the performance upgrades + wheels/tires...That's what kids want (and have money for)....No one really cares about body skirts and fender frares; they care about BIG sounding exhausts and turbo kits. If someone has a few $$ to spend they would rather bolt on an aftermarket exhaust, a killer stereo or some bling wheels than spend it on a body kit and then have to repaint the car..

That's my opinion since you asked - VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!