Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTREME 360 SPYDER AND MURCI NEWS!!!

EXTREME 360 SPYDER AND MURCI NEWS!!!

Hello all,

I am new to this forum but I have some very very interesting news. Today I had a very pleasant and lengthy conversation with Robert from EXTREME in the U.K. We talked about the 360 coupe,360 Spyder and the Murci. I expressed to him that their was GREAT interest and demand for all 3 kits in the USA but many of us were detterred from the 360 kit because of the kit only being availiable for the Peugeot 406. And as many of you know, the Peugeot 406 is only availiable in Europe. Plus shipping and getting the vehicle into the USA would be a MAJOR pain. But again I did express to Robert that if we could somehow work around the whole Peugeot 406 problem that their USA sales would boost tremendously! Can you believe out of the hundreds of kits EXTREME has sold, they have only sold 7 in the USA?! When Robert told me this I was in a state of total shock and disbelief! I mean hands down they make the most accurate(Molded from a real 360) and best 360 kit in the world! See this review(http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/360/totalkitcar.htm) So anyhow, this is what I proposed to Robert. I told Robert that if he donated a 360 kit, that I would get Mike from Chassis Works, Inc.(The best chassis maker in the USA) who is a good friend of mines, to make a chassis exclusively for their 360 kit. Then their kit, along with the exclusive EXTREME 360 Chassis Works chassis, could be sold here exclusively in the USA. I think that would totally eliminate the Peugeot problem and help many of us get this great kit!! So Robert said it sounded like a great idea, so I told him to let me facilitate everything. I told him I would talk to Mike and that I would post in the forum to get some feedback to see what everyone thought. So what do yall think? Please leave feedback as this will help us to determine if we should proceed with this plan. Lastly, here are a few stipulations that will be protocol if this situation does happen. 1)All customers will be required to make a deposit. 2)The exclusive EXTREME 360 Chassis Works chassis will ONLY be sold with the exclusive USA EXTREME 360 kit. 3)Either me or Mike(Chassis Works,Inc) will be the exclusive agent for this kit. Again, please leave feedback everyone. I look forward to hearing everyones comments.

MerC

P.S. Confirmed 100% both the 360 Spyder and Murci kits will be availiable for sale in January 07', if not sooner! Guys you better start savin now!

Re: EXTREME 360 SPYDER AND MURCI NEWS!!!

I'd be interested in a spyder kit w/ custom chassis.
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

Will the Murci be the same way, have to order chassis and Body together? I tend to like the replica chassis better, not that Mikeos chassis not nice I just like the replica chassis.

Kwun,

I didnt discuss doing a chassis for the Murci. The donor car(MR2 Turbo) for the Murci Kit is not hard to get. Also they plan on making a space frame as well for the Murci. So they wont have any problems with the Murci. We just talked about the 360.

Ok thanks for the info.

No problem bro!

so exactly how much is this gonna end up costing us in america. The 360kit itself is 6000GBP which is almost 11,500 here.then a custom chassis is probably going to be around another 6-8 grand. so were at 20 grand almost and now the hardest part. The engine, transmission ,and drivetrain not to mention the paint.

Merc,
    Is there any estimated cost for the 360/chassis combo? This sounds like a great idea and it should get a wonderful response from just about everyone, I know I would probably buy one. I was just wondering what you would project to be an estimated cost?
    Fantastic idea Merc, good job.
    -Cameron

Vash and Eminent,

To answer your questions. Right now there is not an estimated price for the kit as I have to get a couple more prices for the tranny and drivetrain. What I am going to do is locate an appropriate supplier for the engine, tranny, and drive train to sell with the chassis/kit combo. Im all going to try to keep the price right around what it would cost for a Peugeot. Im also going to speak with Robert to see if he can lower the pricing on the kit a little bit to help with making everything economical for the chassis/kit combo in the US market. All in all, I think everything will actually work out just great! I have already located a place the sells brand new remanufacted engines at great prices. If anyone knows of any legitamite suppliers that sell trannys and drivetrains please let me know ASAP! Let me pose this question to everyone, what engine, tranny and drivetrain would you like to see come with this special kit? I think this should be decided by everyone ASAP so Mike can design the chassis properly for the specific equipment.

MerC

Mike is a great guy, but if you go the route of a custom chassis you probably will spend alot more in the process. But I guess we'll only know with time. With the DNA kit it seems that you just bolt it to a MR2 and you don't have all that expense. MR2's are common, can be serviced locally and can be bought off the web cheap here in the states. There's a blue 2004 MR2 spyder w/ 20k miles for only $15k on cars.com and those cars will only get cheaper as time goes by. That's going to be hard to beat as far as getting the most bang for the buck goes.

My money is that if DNA can get a US agent and start importing kits then they are going to be hard to beat here in the states. But it's been fasinating watching both of these companies produce excellent work. Really exciting stuff.