Thread: engine ideals, please read and respond.

koenig

engine ideals, please read and respond.

Here is the link to my car, first thing the first few pics are of a ferrari replica v8 engine. I was thinking can someone tell me if I install the top piece shown on carb, in the ferrari pics, will it work on my carb? I was thinking install the top piece that sits on the ferrari carb, and then run a air tube and k&N air filter to each end, inside the air damn at the back will this work? Then the air will be going through the engine air scoops at the back of my lamborghini diablo, then through the 2 air cone filters on each side of the car, into the tubes then directly on the carb, through the piece that goes on the carb. Then have more room for the engine cover, because I don't need a reg air cleaner will this work?

link to pics.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...&addtype=local

Re: engine ideals, please read and respond.

Hi Koenig
    I sent you a pm asking about the air ride you used. I need something that brings up my front a bit and it seems you had the same problem..
    Thx

That doesn't look like a Ferrari engine cover. It's just a Ferrari sticker slapped on an aftermarket intake. I think it would look better without the sticker. It's not going to fool anyone.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

If there is enough room for it I don't see why it wouldn't work. Perhaps you can integrate a custom air duct into your engine cover so that the cover can actually function as the air duct.

koenig

does anyone know where I can get the air intake (piece over the carb in the pics) with the ferrari sticker on it. I really need that piece anyone know what its called or where to get one?

thanks.

link to pics.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/koenig153/

Try looking up Paxton superchargers, or centrifugal blowers. I seem to recall something like that on a blown 289 cobra mustang.

87ferrari

That looks like an old B & M polished aluminum air cleaner from about 10 or 12 years ago. They were designed to sit on the carb and have a Weber/Delorto style rectangular air cleaner sitting sideways hanging off each side to make it look like a dual sidedraft carb setup. This one looks like it has had one side blocked off and the other side flange modified to accept the hose. I might be wrong but this looks just like it. You might try looking around on the Hot Rod sites to see if you can find an old one as B & M doesn't make it anymore.

koenig

ok thanks everyone for the tips and knowledge. I thought this set up with both cone filters in each of the airscoops in the rear of the diablo would be great! Can, anyone make this part if I can't find this one?