Thread: roofchop on sw20 mr2

roofchop on sw20 mr2

myself and a friend of mine were using photoshop on an mr2 .i would love to lower the roof by leaning back the windscreen and putting smaller side windows and back window.i did this on photoshop and it looks great so i want to go ahead with it. i did some research and lexan is used. my question is what is the best one to use and how do i shape it. many thanks for any replies

Re: roofchop on sw20 mr2

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf355
    myself and a friend of mine were using photoshop on an mr2 .i would love to lower the roof by leaning back the windscreen and putting smaller side windows and back window.i did this on photoshop and it looks great so i want to go ahead with it. i did some research and lexan is used. my question is what is the best one to use and how do i shape it. many thanks for any replies
    Lexan is OK for some or racecars but for streetcars in my opinion is not good. I have done several chops and my first Fiero Chop Top I tried Lexan and it was scratched the first day. I actually had DOT glass side windows made and had a group buy on them. I was not happy with plastic windows but some are OK with it.
    My Chop Top I am building now has all Glass windows it is a Ford Truck. I would check around and get glass made it might cost more but I think it will be a better choice but if you insist on lexan I made a mettle template and laid the lexan on it and used a heat gun and let the lexan lay on the template as it heats it will lay down. If you get it to hot it will form bubbles in it so it is a slow process if you have a oven big enough you can control the heat better. I made the template with more cure but the windows in the Texas heat still went other ways when installed.
    good luck and Chop on.
    www.kikkerbikes.com

Graham,

I sent you a message a few days ago. Did you get it in your inbox?

James

Graham can you send me the pictures of the mr2 with the roofchop. I am really curious. I know the rofchop is going to make the car look so much better. Please send the pictures to, david.schaekers@versateladsl.be .
    Many thanks

grtzz
    Blackpass