Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did IFG Make a non stretch F355 IF SO...

Did IFG Make a non stretch F355 IF SO...

I am looking at a finished F355 for sale the guy says it is an IFG the only down fall of the car is it has
    the Fiero interior
    Can any one tell me the average retail price for this car it is in great shape new paint bodylines all match up
    I need to make my decision this afernoon any help apreciated he is asking 9,000
    CHRIS

Re: Did IFG Make a non stretch F355 IF SO...TO MEN

SORRY FORGOT MENTION IT IS A HARD TOP

Re: Did IFG Make a non stretch F355 IF SO...

Where is this Kit? In Cali. and Florida they tend to be more expensive then any where else and usually more problems (Just from my own experience trying to purchase). In the east coast (US) that price sounds about right, if it doesn't have a 4cyl with auto. trans.. If the car is perfect as you say (a V8 with 17" rubber and a good set of rims), then go for it. Just make sure you are aware of the machanics of the car are not garbage. I would try to gat it for about 8K or less if that is not the case. I hope this helps. I love the hardtop more then the spider, because you can make the GTS (my 1st choise) with it.

If you get it make sure you take lots of pics and post them for the rest of us to see.
    http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

In my opinion, $9K for a completed kit with new paint in great condition is WAY to low. Think about it, an IFG kit, plus the stretch and paint will cost that alone. Not including the wheels and tires, lights, badges, spacer/adapters, suspension drop etc.

All of these things are the bear minimums for building a kit and would certainly exceed the prices he's asking. I'm basing this on a so-so kit, not a perfect or beautiful kit.

So, I wonder, for $9000... what is wrong and why he's dumping it below cost?

That's my knee-jerk reaction.... for what it's worth.

DKOV -

If the car is in california, please contact me. About 9 months ago I had a similar deal pending for 9,000. The car was yellow and was perfect, too perfect. Some things happened and I thought I had lost out on the deal of a lifetime, well a few months later he contacted me and told me it was still available. I was going to fly to cali and bring cash, but I had asked for specific pictures of the car. When i received them they were not the same as the car first presented. The first car I believe was original. The second car was no where near. He claimed it was just different rims, but there were other obvious differences. If the car he originally sent you is pictured sitting in front of a grey wooden fence then iit is the same one and is a scam.
    1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Less than 100 made. My father spent 3 yrs restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion, it is his life.<br />It's his fault he didn't lock the garage<br /><br />BobbyD

Huh... Scammer in California you say...???

Do you have a NAME per chance? I wonder if it's the same guy that took me?

Sounds like the pics I got!

DKOV -

I don't know if I still have the name but I still have all the pics. I think his name was chris, not real sure. He had ajob that supposedly kept him traveling a lot. I'll try and post the pics later.
    1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Less than 100 made. My father spent 3 yrs restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion, it is his life.<br />It's his fault he didn't lock the garage<br /><br />BobbyD

ok herRe: Did IFG Make a non stretch F355 IF SO...

ok here are two pics. the first is of the original car he emailed me. And the second is what he sent me when prodded for specific pics.

I can only find the original in BMP form and I can't currently convert it. So the second is really the only

ok I got it converted. Here is the original picture the guy sent. As you can see it is very exact, too exact. You can note several differences between the two, I can atleast, as my wife still thinks they are both the same car.

Wait: This guy claimed both those pictures were the same car? If so, don't even reply to his last email!
    Different wheels, one has seperate rockers, one has a crest by the door, one's doors don't line up, one has a turn signal on the front nose piece...