Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good day everyone!

Good day everyone!

Well im not sure if there is a specific area for this or not but my name is John and i am the proud owner of a 95 lamborghini kit car.

I have put damn near 300 hours into my car so far with fine tuning and adjustments to get it where it is now and well i figure there is at least another 300 more to go.

I have a couple photos but not too sure how to post them on here. it is nice to know though that i have found people with a common intrest and hobby.

Cheers from canada

John

Go hard or GO HOME!

Re: Good day everyone!

welcome to the forum John

Plenty people here interested in kit cars.

you can read how to post pics by cliking here:
    http://www.madmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4542.0

enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the site..
    You will fit right in here with all of the modern exotic owners at this forum..
    I use Imageshack to post my pictures on the web.. http://www.imageshack.us/

well i have been reading a lot of the topics in this forum and i must say it is wonderfull to finally find a group that has the same passion as i do for building their dream car. Just one question though.. are there many people that actually do the building from the ground up? my car so far has been completly done by myself except for the odd part that needs to pass an inspection.
    Go hard or GO HOME!

The answer is yes and no.
    A lot of people can stretch the donor, put on and align the body, paint the car, and do whatever wiring, and that's great.
    Few people seem to be able (by skill, means, or time) to build a custom frame, make the buck, form the body, setup suspension, build the engine, lay electrical, and the millions of other things that pop up.

Most of the people here that have actually built a car, or are in the process, seem to have been as hands on as they could get.

I, myself, am still learning as much as I can before I get to building anything substantial. I spend every spare minute I have (Not taken by work, school, or opening my business, or the martial arts) at my dad's shop learning whatever I can and bouncing ideas around.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

that is deffinatly the best way to learn how its done properly. Everything i have done so far has been pretty easy to do (mounting the engine and driveline and all the body work so far) but the interior i think is goin to give me a bit of hasel as i have to lay all the wiring and plumb all the headlights and what not. but all in all i hope to have a sweet ride when done
    Go hard or GO HOME!

Some of us (myself included) would love to have the ability and talent to tackle the job of building a car from the ground up, but alas find that our abilities lie elsewhere. That is not to say that we don't have immense respect for those that do. We appreciate the cars and the builders that make them and may own one or two ourselves. I get satisfaction from just maintaining in top condition the Ferrari Daytona replica I purchased from another non-builder, and driving it as often and as hard as I can. I'm very impressed with the large number of guys on the forum such as yourself that build cars from scratch and are willing to share their expertise with others.

BTW if you already have photos that you have put online somewhere else, you can easily show them here too by clicking the little Insert Image button above the section where you type a post. Insert the entire URL to your picture starting with http in between the two little sets of image brackets that appear when you press the button, and your photo will appear on the forum. It's usually not cool to do that with other people's photos however. The $25 is a small amount to pay to be able to upload directly to the forum since it is worthwhile and very convenient.

Welcome to the forum!
    www.kitcarlist.com

John, Welcome to the site. Draw from the knowledge thats here. You won't believe how hospitable the people on this site are. If you wnat to post some pictures you could go to www.customcarblogs.com and create your own album. Or you can become a patron on this site and that allows you to upload pictures. What are you building?

www.photobucket.com is a great free image hosting site.
    Scott

well i was lucky enough to find a fiero that was in a roll over at just under the 5000km mark and well was able to get it for just over a grand. The engine and frame are in imaculate order so the job was fairly easy to stretch and widen the frame a little to fit the wheel base of the lamborghini countach body (my kit is full scale). I tore apart the engine and made sure there was nothing wrong with it and modifyed some of the parts to gain a few extra horses out of the fiero gt v6 (the engine is going to be changed to the 350 carborated vette block at a later date). All that i have left so far is to finish the sanding of the body on the outside, paint, windows and the plumbing and set up for the headlights and tail lights. I am going to custom build and mold the interior in fiberglass to imitate sitting inside a dragons mouth. the paint on the outside is going to be custom air brushing of a dragons head (doors are going to have the ears painted on them so when the doors open it looks like the ears are lifting to vertical). Lots of work to do so far but all in all it shouldnt be too bad when done. Figure it is going to take me another year and a half to two years to complete.
    Go hard or GO HOME!