Thread: register a kit car in the uk please help

register a kit car in the uk please help

hi i just finish my extreme car and i want to register it as a kit car as in the only way i can register it when i go back in greece , anyway i wanted to ask you is that a special mot place for kit cars or can i register the car anyware , please help i am in newcastle upon tyne

Re: register a kit car in the uk please help

Congrats on finishing your car! Please show us your car, or at least post a link to a picture. Thanks!
    www.kitcarlist.com

I dont think technically you have to take either the MR2 (Mk2 or Mk3) or 406 conversions for an SVA. In your case though exporting should be a much easier process if you do.

The SVA is intended for cars made from PARTS from a single vehicle. These cars use the entire car with panels added to it.

In the U.K. unless your insurance company require it its not compulsary to SVA.

Remember though if you do re-register the car and SVA, you will also need an MOT once you have passed the SVA to allow you to tax the car. Its stupid, but they wont accept the SVA when buying Tax.

Nice one on finishing the car!!
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

This might be useful too.

http://direct.gov.uk/assetRoot/04/01/90/50/04019050.pdf

Good luck!
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

i thing i will take the car to sva also becouse the more paper work i have the easiyer i will register it back home , thanks all of you for the fast reply post some pictures soon

elpis you do not need to have an sva you only need to do a radically altered vehicle test. Ring me and I will tell you what you need to do. Doing the test will allow you to call it what you want within reason

extreme please email you mobile number becouse i forgot it in the paper with your number back in cyprus