Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miura, anyone?

Miura, anyone?

LOVE the new version...

Lambonut

Re: Miura, anyone?

308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Parallel Designs show that they can easily copy an existing design. Once again, the superiority of the Europeans is apparent. >

They just copied & modified the chassis & body from an old Prova Muira kit that has been around for years. The kit they used to mould from was up for sale on their site for 5k. Not sure how many changes they made.

Im assuming it will be a full chassis & body build up but if its anything like the diablo they do, it wont be cheap.
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

the muria looks like a gt40... no good for me.

I see a car that I can finally replicate and take to the track to run with those Cobras and GT-40 replicars.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

The Parallel Designs car is a replica of the older Muira and not the newer Muira, at least as far as I can tell. I wish it was the newer concept that came out this spring.

Still the Muira(old) is one of the best looking cars ever produced. I wonder how accurate their kit is?

James

Quote Originally Posted by cloudbaseracer
    The Parallel Designs car is a replica of the older Muira and not the newer Muira, at least as far as I can tell. I wish it was the newer concept that came out this spring.

Still the Muira(old) is one of the best looking cars ever produced. I wonder how accurate their kit is?

James
    from what we have seen of them at shows they are normally great!

Black Ops

I have to say there are a lot of guys on the lamboreplica forum that have the PD Diablos' SV,GT,6.0 their parts also fit real Lambos... from what I have read on the net......

Naz the owner of PD puts in a lot of hard work and time into getting his cars spot on..... and I have to say from the guys that have the PD cars and the photos I have been sent... the cars are master peices!

Quote Originally Posted by cloudbaseracer

James
    It did use the old moulds as a base, but it looks like they have modernised the lights & bumper etc. If you liked the concept I dont think it would take too much work to mod the PD one into a good representation of the concept.
    The PD cars do look pretty good, but they are too pricey for my budget & they seemed to be concentrating on factory or new reg builds (both seriously expensive) when I spoke to them a few years ago.