Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody knows more about this company? Awesome 355 kit

Anybody knows more about this company? Awesome 355 kit

Does anybody have more information about this company? Their 355 kit looks pretty good. It has the long nose and the short rear just like the genuine ferrari, it can even take an original challenge grill in the rear. Don't exactly how to post the link but you can find their website here: www.megamanta.co.uk/355exact.htm

What do you guys think?

grtzz
    Blackpass

Re: Anybody knows more about this company? Awesome 355 kit

It worries me when I see a website of that caliber with almost no contact information.
    www.kitcarlist.com

They have been selling on ebay for a while now. It is an old fiero kit modded for the mr2. The name & dictionary description of exact on their website made me chuckle, their version is so exact they make the rocker and door one piece! You pay your money & take your choice i suppose, cirtainly not the worst kit I have seen though.
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

this looks like the rock kit?

Pretty much, or at least a 2nd or 3rd generation splash of what people refered to as the rock kit.
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Well, I guess he didn't make his October, 2006 deadline for his website...
    http://www.exact355.com/
    www.kitcarlist.com

This kit I think Ive seen at shows is the one where the cill is part of the door?

Quote Originally Posted by drew355
    ... they make the rocker and door one piece!
    Guess so! Maybe that saved them a few bucks?
    www.kitcarlist.com

Anybody know anything of the quality of the kit? I doubt that it would be the same quality as a Extreme kit. Indeed what a shame that the rockerpanel and the door are made in one piece, that is a big no no for a company who claims to have the most authentic looking kit out there. On the other hand you have to admit that the overal look (not in detail, because i don't know the quality and fit of the kit) looks pretty good. It has the typical long nose like a real one and the short rear like the real one. If you would compare that to other mr2 based kits like Extreme or BAD you would have to admit that the exact kit is more accurate. BUT... the kits from Extreme or BAD have other very important features such as exellent quality and perfect fit.

If anyone wants to email or call them, please let me know as soon as you get any info on their exact company name. mailing address, and whether they are currently offering any product. Thanks!!!
    www.kitcarlist.com