Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking the plunge! A newbies 360 thoughts. Extreme or DNA?

Taking the plunge! A newbies 360 thoughts. Extreme or DNA?

I have never done a kit car before and have little DIY knowledge. I can put up shelves and doing basic building work but that really is where my knowledge ends. HOWEVER, I'm thinking about taking on a 360 project and am currently trying to decide which one to go for, Extreme or DNA. I have a great deal of spare time on my hands thanks to my job so I'd like to get the build done as quickly as I can and I want a solid, very realistic looking replica.

Extreme - Good price, cheap donor and for these simple reasons I'm more likely to go with this kit. However, I can't help thinking that in some pics I've seen of it it looks just a bit too plasitic like? Maybe it's just the paint jobs, colours or wheels, I'm not sure. I'm hoping to do mine in black with a red interior, so maybe this will take away that effect? Also, I haven't really seen anything done with the interior yet to make it look like a 360 interior trim.

DNA - I think this kit looks superb, but my budget won't stretch to an MR2 at the moment plus the kit cost is 500 more and budget is a very important factor with me at the moment. The kit looks accurate and looks less plastic like to me, but then that might just be because of the colours they've chosen for their two demo cars (black and silver) and the fact that they have used real Ferrari wheels.

Ideally I'd like to end up with something looking like this: http://hpbimg.autobarthobraat.nl/zijkant%20black.JPG

However, advice and opinons would be much appreciated. As I've said, I'm totally new to this and have limited DIY experience so to hear you're ideas and opinions would be great.

Thanks

Black Ops

Re: Taking the plunge! A newbies 360 thoughts. Extreme or DNA?

Start off building a F355 on a old MR2.... once you have done that then sell it and move on to the 360.. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk... Extreme has the F355 for the old MR2 contact them about it...

Starting with the F355 you will learn the skills you need to move on to the 360...

Which 360, some will say Extreme, some will say DNA, best bet go in person and look at both cars and decide which one YOU like.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops
    Start off building a F355 on a old MR2.... once you have done that then sell it and move on to the 360.. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk... Extreme has the F355 for the old MR2 contact them about it...

Starting with the F355 you will learn the skills you need to move on to the 360...

Which 360, some will say Extreme, some will say DNA, best bet go in person and look at both cars and decide which one YOU like.
    I agree crawl before you walk. Extreme 355 if your in Europe.......AD355 if your in the states. $0.02

I think the DNA kit would be easier than a 355 kit.. If you were thinking Extreme then a practice build would help since its a complicated build..But chances are it would take so much time to build your practice build that you might never make it to the 360..

Just go straight for the 360 and save a few months or years(Or more) of time building the car you didnt want in the first place.. ;D

what a load of rubbish,the only thing ive built is a repitation of being an idiot, crawl,walk,ive hit the ground running.as far as practicing goes again what a load of rubbish,i practiced on owning a house so i bought a tent,you guys are so misled,fred

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari
    I think the DNA kit would be easier than a 355 kit.. If you were thinking Extreme then a practice build would help since its a complicated build..But chances are it would take so much time to build your practice build that you might never make it to the 360..

Just go straight for the 360 and save a few months or years(Or more) of time building the car you didnt want in the first place.. ;D
    as quoted complicated build,few mounths or years,just about sums it up.go and test drive both ,i think DNA all the way,but hey thats me freddy,obviously

Quote Originally Posted by fredferrari
    what a load of rubbish,the only thing ive built is a repitation of being an idiot, crawl,walk,ive hit the ground running.as far as practicing goes again what a load of rubbish,i practiced on owning a house so i bought a tent,you guys are so misled,fred
    Fred, you hit the ground with a thud as usual. If you read martins message he says he is on a limited budget, so the spoon fed approach you are taking isnt suitable. As far as i can see you are the irritating person sat on his arse shouting commands at the builder with his wallet. DNA are doing the running for you.

Martin, black ops advice is best. Go and see both kits and see which will suit your abilities or accuracy requirements, dont just rely on photos. BTW the black/red should look really good on either.
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Black Ops

Black Ops - thinks fred was DROPPED on his head at birth!

Quote Originally Posted by fredferrari
    I've built a reputation of being an idiot!
    You have never said anything truer then This statement!

As SactoDreamer said, if you're in the states, AD is...

Air Dynamics
    PO Box 223
    Tennga, GA 30751
    (706) 328-3311
    http://www.air-dynamics.ws
    www.kitcarlist.com

Quote Originally Posted by martinegtk
    I have never done a kit car before and have little DIY knowledge. I can put up shelves and doing basic building work but that really is where my knowledge ends. HOWEVER, I'm thinking about taking on a 360 project and am currently trying to decide which one to go for, Extreme or DNA. I have a great deal of spare time on my hands thanks to my job so I'd like to get the build done as quickly as I can and I want a solid, very realistic looking replica.

Extreme - Good price, cheap donor and for these simple reasons I'm more likely to go with this kit. However, I can't help thinking that in some pics I've seen of it it looks just a bit too plasitic like? Maybe it's just the paint jobs, colours or wheels, I'm not sure. I'm hoping to do mine in black with a red interior, so maybe this will take away that effect? Also, I haven't really seen anything done with the interior yet to make it look like a 360 interior trim.

DNA - I think this kit looks superb, but my budget won't stretch to an MR2 at the moment plus the kit cost is 500 more and budget is a very important factor with me at the moment. The kit looks accurate and looks less plastic like to me, but then that might just be because of the colours they've chosen for their two demo cars (black and silver) and the fact that they have used real Ferrari wheels.

Ideally I'd like to end up with something looking like this: http://hpbimg.autobarthobraat.nl/zijkant%20black.JPG

However, advice and opinons would be much appreciated. As I've said, I'm totally new to this and have limited DIY experience so to hear you're ideas and opinions would be great.

Thanks
    where are you come along and look at our product just give us a call donors can be found for as little as 2800 if you are prepared to travel around the country thats I guess if you are UK located give us a call we will assit you all we can.