Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spacer for my extreme kit 4 studs to 5 safety advice

Spacer for my extreme kit 4 studs to 5 safety advice

Spacer for my extreme kit 4 studs to 5 safety advice

Hi could someone advice me on how safe this spacer are , the reason I am asking is because the bolds that are for the wheel they have special fitment like in all the cars that I think it make the wheel to gram more but the bolds that catch form the spacer to the car they are just regular bolds will not this make any problem , please advice . sorry about my bad English

Re: Spacer for my extreme kit 4 studs to 5 safety advice

The bolts should be strong enough, they wont come loose or snap off.

i changed the bolts as i was worried like you, Although the thread is nice and tight i got some bolts made up with a champher so they work like wheel bolts (tighten as they ride) you would be fine with the other bolts just put some lock Tight (Thread/Bolt Lock) on. They will never snap

thats a bloody big spacer.. Ashley, I need a set of those for my Extreme..

and I think I need a set of them for my IRA too, however, I think i will need to have it made

Can anyone please send me better pics of this spacer please. You can post or email me.

thanks the advice , i wanted to ask also if i choose to take of the hubs of the car and drill them with 5 studs and also the spacer to make them more secure do you thing it make any problem to the spacer , or do i have to make spacers all over again

You would probably need new spacers if you made hub 5 studs. Hey I'm not worried about mine they look secure enough.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVO
    i changed the bolts as i was worried like you, Although the thread is nice and tight i got some bolts made up with a champher so they work like wheel bolts (tighten as they ride) you would be fine with the other bolts just put some lock Tight (Thread/Bolt Lock) on. They will never snap
    hi could you make some of that special bolds for me please and can pay you for them

dear Elpis,

I need to show your pictures to my builder, but I cannot seem to be able to download them from webshots..

could you PLEASE PLEASE email the pictures you posted to mohammad@illuder.com

your assistance will be appreciated, tx.

just right click on the picture and press save as , i have the deleted the pictures from my pc by mistake

Quote Originally Posted by STEVO
    Stevo, what is the spacer made from? I assume it is aluminium, if so then using wheel bolts into it could be a problem. They may be o.k. now, but after bolting & unbolting the wheel a few times the threads could become loose. If you just used the studs and loctited them in place, you can still get chamfered nuts. You should only use chamfered nuts/bolts if your alloy is chamfered too.
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)