Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Awesome Desings from Brazil and Germany

More Awesome Desings from Brazil and Germany

These may not be everyone's cup of tea, but seeing more examples can certainly get the creative juices flowing....and in the US, that is sorely needed.

Samba Spirit

Brazil is justly famous for many things: football, mardi gras and some unusual hair cuts.

Sports cars don't feature high on the country's list of famous exports, even if you include the curious Volkswagen Puma of the 1970s.

Lobini of Sao Paulo is out to change that. Its lightweight H1 sports car is about the size of a Lotus Elise and shares the Brit's lightweight philosophy.

The simple chassis and fibreglass bodywork keep the weight down, while a 1.8-litre 20-valve turbocharged engine from VW and six-speed gearbox sit just behind the cockpit.

Lobini reckons its car will crack 0-62mph in six seconds and carry on to 150mph, and the firm also says the handling is up to Elise standards.

The H1 is on sale in the US with a price tag around $47,000 and there are plans to bring it to the UK at a cost of 31,995 from the beginning of 2007.

Reminds me of the Tommy Kaira cars in Japan. Looks like Brazil can get a less expensive NOBLE competitor to the US, but we cannot do the same?!?!

Possible New McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mid-Engined Car

Full Story Here

Getting suspension geometry right is only a matter of mathematics. Americans put men on the moon, rovers on Mars, military machines that are smarter than our politicians and yet we cannot get the math right on a new mid-engine kit-car?!?!? I think we are better than that gentlemen.

Re: More Awesome Desings from Brazil and Germany

First car looks like a cheap knock off of a lotus. Second just looks like a chassis. Third looks like the chrysler me412 concept. You are doing little to prove your point. I have never found american concept cars lacking. Check out the chrysler firepower, me412 concepts. The solstice concept made it into production and is very clean sportscar. The cadillac sixteen concept is stunning. I even like the jeep willy's concept as well as the hurricane. I'm not particularly a huge fan of retro designs but it is difficult to argue the great looks of the Ford GT and even the shelby GR-1.
    Scott

hahaha... Whats up with that chassis thing ???

The other two are just computer renderings..weak..

actually Daimler Chrylser owns Mercedes... or merged, rather. forming Daimler-Benz. although Daimler owns a majority. tard.
    -Rob

Desings??? Spell check?

I thought these were going to be awesome designs since the great one posted them. But now I just want my 30 seconds I wasted looking at them back.

Hey guys let's not let this thread degrade like so many others have in the past month. May I make a suggestion? Let's all take it on as a mission to find that perfect US designed car and post it here for scourge's sake!

Scourge does the car have to be in production? I think I remember your first post about this was more about design than production. Could we start with designs first? Second, does it have to be original completely or can other cars be used for "inspiration"?

Mike

ps just so you know, I have already emailed for permission to show a design by a design student in college in Cali. and therefore the question about production? The designs are out there.

Here's link for a car designed by a guy on the east coast. Carved it from clay, painted it and the finished it in photoshop....or something like it.

http://www.inversionhotrods.com/originaldesign.htm

Yes, it has some Murci features.

Mike

Bobi1

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    Samba Spirit

Good looking photoshoped pics. They look great in black but if you see them in other collor (yelow, blue, red etc...) you will see how poor they look... These fiberglass cars was known as CHAOMIX few years ago. The latest model has new solid headlight housings and new rockers.

http://www.obsessionexotics.com/

Kelly Hayes was a Lambo builder for years out of Oklahoma. He told me on the phone he was going to do a new car and this was two years ago. Looks like he might make it!

Mike

ps images were copyrighted

And another American design. SSC