Thread: For those with a watson hardtop 355.....

For those with a watson hardtop 355.....

HI all,

In a real 355 there is some space behind the seats up till the rear glass, and of course the space between the quarter glass and the rear glass.... Do you have pics of this area? If not, would there be any room for even a small roll bar? It doesn't bother me that it may block the rear view mirror, hehe....

edit: Is it just my eyes or is the mr2 rear glass taller than the ferrari? Also, can the OEM ferrari rear glass be installed? I.e., does it come cut for one?
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: For those with a watson hardtop 355.....

The AD 355 is built for the MR2 window. It would be a lot work hack the OEM window in. Personally, I would not bother. In stead of spending your time and money on the rear window, I would get the challange grill.

In my AD 355, I am building the rear shelf out of sheet metal and 1/2" MDF with under hood insulation blocking most of the heat.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

HI all,

Thanx for the pic, and the email, ... In a fiero based ad 355 hardtop is there room for a rool bar on that shelf?
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

I think that there is room for a roll bar. In order to install the AD kit, most B-Pillar (aka 10 of the 12 inches) are cut away. I have talked to people and everyone says that they have not had an issue, but this does not leave me with a happy feeling. I will be having a custom 1.5" x 0.12" 4 point roll bar made. The roll bar will go from the fire wall up in between the Fiero roof and the kit fiberglass and back to the rear strut towers. I will post pictures when I am done.

HI all,

That would be awesome if you would please, thanx Shane!!