Thread: I'm trying to find a mirage kit

I'm trying to find a mirage kit

;D hey does anybody know where i can purchase a mirage F355 kit from? i have read that they are the best kit around and really want one bad. someone please send pictures of the kit ;D

Re: I'm trying to find a mirage kit

I believe the closest thing you will find to a mirage will be the B&B Spyder

http://www.b-bspyder.com/355.html

good luck and happy hunting.. I would love to find "THE HOLY GRAIL" of 355's *as well but it is tough
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

f355_rydah:

I'm sorry I haven't got back with you via e-mail or here... My fault entirely.

Yes, I believe the Mirage is the Holy Grail of the 355 kit world and I'm lucky enough to have got one! What is different and unitque about it is that all the lines and panel separations are correct. The "roundness" that 99% of the other kits on the market has, is not there. It FITS like it's supposed to and you don't have to stretch the Fiero. The shipped gelcoat is almost good enough to be painted. Of course, nothing is ever good enough

Anyway, if there's another out there, you'd be lucky to get it! At any price!

I've been "Getting friendly" of the old principals from Mirage and have yet to find out if they are still secretly making them but I suspect not. They got hammered pretty bad by Ferrari. They are very tight lipped. Give me time and I may be able to ferret one out but no promises.

If I do, you'd better be ready to jump on it! If I get that far and leave them hanging, it will ruin any chance of every getting another or getting some of the insider gear I've been able to snag.

So, if you want to see pics of the kit and what panels there are, check out my Build site at: www.gopc.com/F355/F355x.html

The site has been updated to include alot of the interior pics and such. Like I said though, I'm still digging through alot of pics to get them all up. Bear with me, I will add more, but there's already a TON of pics there. Enjoy!

Email me if you have questions.

DKOV -

cool that sound good i have a lot of offers to get a kit but i like the mirage and i love the fact that you dont have to stretch it.ive spoken to
    pauls exotics,bb spyder,used fiero parts, and another i cant think of the name. and a guy in canada.
    am searching now and will be ready in mid april to get one i wanna do some research for march so i can protect myself
    i dont wanna spend 4 thousand and have a shady kit.
    what about interiors? there is a guy in canada that has a fairly good one.
    yours is cool also i like your shifter.
    after driving that 355 i want to gaet as close as i can.
    keep up with me in my emails and let me know.

bump

I've got a lead on a Mirage 355!!! It is a Spider, WITH top mechanism and all the hinges, braces, etc. It's not cheap, they want $9500 for it all or $7000 for just the body. I told you I'd get into their inner circle eventually!!!

E-mail me for details of offers

Who's yer Daddy?

DKOV -

Is that inner circle, those "people" you were speaking of elsewhere?* Are you looking to start up something * in the near future? ahem!

No way! I don't want to be one of "those" people... I just promised you guys that if I found another Mirage, I'd let you know. There's a buddy of mine in town that wants to build a 355 in parallel to mine but wanted a Mirage only. So I've been looking for him for the past 6 months or so anyway. He wants a Coupe, not a Convertible.

This body is a Convertible.

Anyway, as I said before, jokingly, I thought about starting my own kit company just to prove that it CAN be done honestly. Perhaps that is what you are referring to

DKOV -

What? No takers? Wow... that's hard to believe, what with my e-mail burning for the past 18 months about finding one of these!

No worries though, I'm having a visitor this week to see the car and "hopefully" buy it.

Luck!

DKOV -

The major reason I am not interested in the deal is that it is a spyder. Like you, DKOV, I prefer the coupe. The price seems a little steep also, but how bad do you want to start with the best kit out there? It should not be to hard to sell thought ;D!! I am also a little surprised it has not sold.
    1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Less than 100 made. My father spent 3 yrs restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion, it is his life.<br />It's his fault he didn't lock the garage<br /><br />BobbyD