Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's looking for a 355 kit?

Who's looking for a 355 kit?

No, I'm not selling mine ;D just thought I'd take a poll, I'm curious to see what percentage of people on this board joined with the intention of making a 355.

So, thinking of building one? Have the kit yet? What type of kit? What stage of production are you at?

Re: Who's looking for a 355 kit?

I guess I'll start I'm building a 355 IFG/warlock splash on a 86 chasis, basically stock aside from welded in front clip support and body supports. Well, I have a K & N Air filter so not 100% stock . I'm currently working on getting the cars idle perfect, then on to the rear brakes, then body. Being a student, I don't have the funds to deck out my kit at time of purchase, so I'm planing on just getting it on the road and then worrying about upgrades later.

Now your turn...

If I ever get the funds, or decide to part ways with my 'bird, I want to build the 355, Spyder or Coupe. I'm not looking to build a Ferrari like others. I just want the beatiful lines of the 355. I probably wouldn't put Ferrari badging on it. Just make a killer sports car.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I was thinking of an F40 but now I'm leaning towards the 355 coupe. I've got a 1986 Fiero , and still doing so home work on what company to buy from.
    www.xvelocity.com

I am looking to build a 355 coupe. I have started to mod the car while I find a suitable body kit. 4.9L goes in around May.
    1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Less than 100 made. My father spent 3 yrs restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion, it is his life.<br />It's his fault he didn't lock the garage<br /><br />BobbyD

I want to build a 355 coupe, I dont plan on badging it at all.
    I already have an 86 Fiero with a SBC tuned port 350.

Actually the only thing holding me back is, I dont have a garage.

I may just get one of those fabric garages, and put it on the side of my house until the car is finished.

While we are on the subject, I am going to get my kit from b&b spyder customs, What happens to the roof on the Fiero, I have a sunroof currently.

Thanks

Well i'm also building a 355 Coupe. I had a Mirage kit but I sold it for one of B&B Spyder's Kits. I'm a Jr. DKOV as far as rebuilding this fiero ;D. Very little will be stock when im done.
    Hopefully i can get everything done for $35,000.

I just installed a new Fiero Store Radiator, Coolant Tubes & Rebuilt cross member. Plus Held Motor Sports Wide Track Suspension, 13" Cross Drilled Brake package, Hal 12 position adjustable coilovers & Front+Rear sway bars.

Next up, I'm looking for a builder or a Co's that sells 300-340hp DOHC 3.4's or 3800's

XDrewX and Unique,

Have you seen the B&B kit quality in person? I have emailed them several times asking questions and have not gotten any response. Please let me know how your experience with them is going. If anyone actually has one of their kits, I would be interested in talking to you.

BobbyD
    1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Less than 100 made. My father spent 3 yrs restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion, it is his life.<br />It's his fault he didn't lock the garage<br /><br />BobbyD

Unique-

I saw a 3.4 on ebay. Only 11,000 miles and includes everything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...487145&r=0&t=0

Currently $500. I thought you might want to check that out.

BobbyD

XDrewX and Unique,

Have you seen the B&B kit quality in person? *I have emailed them several times asking questions and have not gotten any response. *Please let me know how your experience with them is going. *If anyone actually has one of their kits, I would be interested in talking to you.

BobbyD
    What is my opinion on the B&B Kit? I sold the best 355 Kit at the time (Mirage) to get my hands on this thing. The glass is amazing, best fiberglass in the business. They are very reputable and usually very prompt in responding to any inquiries, so i dont know what is going on.