Thread: At speedorama, spoke to some 4ari builders - info

At speedorama, spoke to some 4ari builders - info

I went to speedorama today and got the chance to speak to some "professional" kit car builders about many things, including Tony Sousa(The person I bought my kit from, and who cheated me), manufacturers of Kits, prices, etc...

The first thing was that it turns out Tony has a reputation in the kit car community as "Tony Bologne" - In other words, he's always full of Bologna. He has never done anything properly or on time, and the Toronto V8 conversion company (Hi-tech development or something) refuse to do business with him because of this.

Here are some pictures I took of the Testarossa they had on display:
    Image 1 | Image 2

Speaking of High tech development, they seem a little fishy too. I spoke to a guy who told me he was one of two owners, and asked him for a price on Stainless Steel brake lines. He told me they were $230. I then went to Race Tech's booth and asked about their prices, they quoted me $225. Because the Hi-tech guy dedicated some time to talk to me about their kit car which was on display (He says 355 body kits go for around $9000 CAN), I decided to give him my business, and went back to buy the lines. The guy I spoke to was busy, so instead I went to another guy at the booth, who told me lines were $280. I told him that the owner told me that they were $230. He told me he was the owner, and the other owner doesn't know what he's talking about. I decided not to give them my business afterall for pretty obvious reasons.

Here is another cool picture of a Viper with my friend, Issac, in the background.

kitcarnut

Re: At speedorama, spoke to some 4ari builders - i

Ari,bottom line they all full of shit.hey I hapen to know Joe from Race tech ,not as friend you'll go and hang out , but over the years when I bulid my first IFG. he was very help full.even today he offer to sit down and gime a parts, names etc so I can re do my front coil overs for half price. Rear ones I got from him last summer.after two months he exchange the spring ratio N/C. If I need something for my upgrades he's the one that will have my money.soon as my son blows engine in his Sunfire GT,he'll put in 3.8 . Ed

Hey Ari: Is that a white Countach I see in the background of the first pic of the testarossa? Any pics of it?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't, people were all crowded around it and I couldn't get any clear shots... What I do have though is the picture posted at the company's webpage.

Ari,
    About your brake lines. I'm not sure if there is anything special about them, i.e. different length, but I bought mine from Classic Tube http://classictube.com/frames/4/index.html Their prices are good and the quality is excellent. Also, a friend of mine bought his stuff from Inline Tube http://www.inlinetube.com/ Good place to work with.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I'VE BEEN TALKING TO A GUY BY THE NAME JAMES GIVENS HE SAID HE RUNS HTD WILLING TO HELP MYSELF AND COMPANY I WORK FOR BUILD A CAR THAT THE EVERY DAY PERSON CAN BUILT WITH HIS PARTS AND WHAT MY WORK SELLS IS THIS THE SAME PEOPLE THE CAR LOOK LIKE THE ONES HE HAD AT THE SHOW
    CHOP TOP