Thread: Where is a good place to buy 355 kits

Where is a good place to buy 355 kits

I am looking to build a 355 kit as well but am looking for ALOT of help.

Starting with:

I wanted to ask you guys where are the better places to buy (355) kits in the Ontario.

BTW If anyone has one they no longer want to continue building let me know.
    http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

Re: Where is a good place to buy 355 kits

Well, if you've read my previous messages the one biggest recommendation is DON'T buy from Tony Sousa (Sousa Dezine). He sells on Ebay everyso too, under various user names. He also pops up in the newspaper classifieds whenever he needs a quick buck.

He won't steal your money purposly, he will just "forget" to install parts, and never drop them off in the future(Even if you paid for them!)

He won't NOT drop of the kit, he will just drop it off months late, and it will look like a piece of sh*t.

Originally I thought it was so great to find a fairly local Kit Car manufacturer, but now that I'm in the middle of a 355 project I see that it would have REALLY been worth the extra money to import a proper kit from the states.

Email this guy from kitcars.com (NJ is fairly local to oronto):
    355 Project Car On stretch Chassis NJ
    This time I hope to get a good photo loaded up. Any way the manufacturer is not known, I bought this kit last year privet sale. I found a Feiro and had the chassis streched 3 inches. I started to line up the body pannels and never Finnished the car. I have to many Projects to complete. So Iím offering this one up for a qwick sale. There are no other parts like embles or the top. The brakets have to be made, there are no head light lids, or gas cap cover. The deck lid and front hood need to be hinged , the car needs to be lowered. The motor has a slight knock but runs, I have another 2.8 with low miles(not in car). Oh yeah I forgot to say it was a six cyl, auto trans car.

I cut the top off and left 2 extra inches for a cleaner cut later. The interior is stock Feiro. I do have a Vedio if you want to send me 10.00 to cover the cost of the tape and shipping.

c1run1@aol.com

The BEST thing to do is be patient! (I know, it sucks!). I would have saved at least a few thousand dollars if I was more patient, and would have ended up with a better product in the end. Check ebay regularly for a "Mirage" kit. These are the rolls royce of 355 kits. Ussualy if a kit is posted on ebay someone will post about it on this forum too.

Just remember, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks for the info.

I will be patient (since money is a big issue). Patients is easier to come by.

I got a fiero from a friend ( after he stripped it of the parts he needed). I will take some picks to post on my site (still in the works) to show you. As far as getting the fiero ready for the kit where should I start?

http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

I would start by sandig and priming and painting the frame, with is time comsuming but adds to the look after the kit is put on.Also stripping the interior if you are going to install a new one. Then look at what type of performance issuses you want to deal with ...Brakes ...engine. This is also a good time to check *ball joints,fuel lines,cooling pipes etc...
    www.xvelocity.com

I am planning this project, and want to document it everystep of the way. I will post the pick as it stands (flat) and get the body panels off soon.

I'm trying to get a new serial number for the car since there seems to be some issues with someone else having this cars' number already (according to an officer friend of mine).

Fiero Conversions out of canada has a 355 kit in stock. I ordered a information video on the 355 and testarossa. I don,t know much about the company or the quality of the fiberglass.