Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on value please. Dna/Extreme 360

Advice on value please. Dna/Extreme 360

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice please.

I'm new to the world of Kit cars and would appreciate any advice from the more seasoned amongst us. I would like to build either a DNA 360 or an Extreme 360, haven't decided which one yet. I'm not that intersted in keeping it to drive once its complete so would intend to sell it straight away.

My question is this.

I need to know that I can get my money back at the end of the build.......with a bit of profit if possible!!!

What is a fully built 360 worth?

Say its based on the MR2 turbo (DNA) or the V6 peugeot (Extreme) say with 65k to 70k on the clock

I intend to have the interior revamped with leather seats and trim to a 360 type spec.

Assume the build quality is good with a very good paint job and a descent set of ally's to finish it off.

Any thoughts? I appreciate that any value would hinge on the build quality and finish of the car and maybe there's not enough detailed info here but you're feedback would be appreciated.

I live in the UK by the way.

Thanks

Tim

Re: Advice on value please. Dna/Extreme 360

Tim, there is a recent post wehre DNA claims that a 360-rep i think based off the Mr2 sold for near 35,000!

I think DNA Turnkey's go for 24-26,000

Extreme sells their turnkeys for approximately 28,000

Now from what i've read, it costs about 15,000 to build and Extreme-360 by yourself..(6-month build time)

You could sell at a discounted rate, say for 20,000 and still make a clean 5000 profit.

*My comments are based on other comments made by other posters on this forum, not just my own thoughts...

why would you want to build one and not drive it for a bit?

disilva is right, one benefit of kitcar/replicas is that the mileage is not one of the most important selling points. So you can actually enjoy a kit car and flip-it for near the same price, as long as its still got demand. A car as accurate as an Extreme 360 will have demand for years to come, especially with the industry moving as slowly as it is.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I'm hoping that the other half will warm to the idea of the car once it's built...in which case I will keep it , however if the good lady doesn't warm to it then it will have to be sold. .....unless I can find a garage down the road to store it and myself in!

A 5k profit for 6 months sounds reasonable. The manufacturers quote 90 to 100 hrs to build....is that not a very accurate timescale then?

Cheers

Tim

no no you are exactly right, STEVO (forum member extradoniare, built an Extreme-360 btw) built his in 6 months and 100 hours working mostly weekends.....

I should have said that before...

So if you can devote more time per week than just 4-hours, you can finish much earlier...

Bowser330

Its good to know that the manufacturers are quoting accurate times then.

I'm lucky in that some weeks I only work a couple of days so based on what you've said I would think that a build time of 3 months would be more than possible.

I'm going to look at both kits in the next couple of weeks. Have you seen the DNA and Extreme? If so what did you think of them, the impression that I'm getting is that the Extreme is the more accurate one visually although it has the engine in the front and is front wheel drive.....Does that really matter though?

It would be nice to see the two kits side by side instead of having to drive almost the length of the country to view them!!!!

Cheers

Tim

Tim i have not seen either in person, i live "across the pond" as they say....

However, i have seen quite a few pictures of both cars.

You are absolutely correct about the differences....Also the most obvious difference being that the DNA is only available as a convertible and the Extreme only available as a coupe...which is the reason why i will be going with Extreme...

in my opinion both will sell on the market, but, i would do some research and see which type of car sells better where you live. Convertibles or Coupes? That way, you will have an easier time selling.

Both kits are good quality and both companies are very supportive and will help you through the build...

As far as my opinion on the engine location on the Extreme-360 i dont feel most replica owners would care, a more authenticity oriented person might care, but i feel they are the minority, the outside being accurate is the most important for most.

I care about performance and it is possible to make the Extreme-360 mid-engine, however it may take about 5000 to do it....

I am just wondering in print how you are going to build a kit then sell it for a profit since you're really not in that business and will need to pay through your nose to build it correctly.

I thought I would do the same thing. 98% of the people on this forum have no cash for such a project. So getting cash in that amount will be a challenge too don't you think?

I don't want to toss water on your fire but it rarely works like that. I think I you build it you should enjoy it.

Any other thoughts on this or am I the only one buried up past my eye balls with my build?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Stevo told me that he only had only very basic mechanical skills before his build. Plus, building a kitcar isn't rocket science. With time Triley will get it and will learn from his beginners errors. Say it takes him 150 hours or 200 hours, like he said, he only works a few days a week and has time to devote to a project, im sure he can figure it out.

i think the DNA kit is probably a little easier to put together as, if im not mistaken, it has less advanced-modifications involved.

The extreme kit does require some cutting of frame metal, and welding of frame sections, etc, etc.

98% of the people on the forum might not have cash ready to spend, and yes you are right, money is a challenge as kitcars is an expensive hobby.

I have assumed that Triley has the money upfront for the kit and ive also assumed he's got the tools and space capable. If he doesnt then thats fine too, hes exploring the possibility, i dont mind sharing ideas and exchanging information with anyone. no matter their progress or their financial situation.