Thread: Digital camera questions

Digital camera questions

Although I know a bit about photography and 35 mm cameras, I know nothing about digital cameras. I would like to be able to post my own photos on the web on sites such as this. It is a great way to help someone along , show off what you have or sell something. I noticed digital cameras were usually in the 3-4 hundred dollar range. tonight I noticed a discount store is having a boxing sale special on digital cameras for----$75. ----!!
    Would this be enough to pay for such a camera. Can one post pics from any digital camera on the web?
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Re: Digital camera questions

Hey:
    I just bought a digital camera, to post build pics of my countach project. I got it at Radio Shack for $79.00 Canadian. It is the Jam Cam 3.0, it came with software/ USB and serial cables and a slot for a memory card. Also has a flash, I think it is one of the best buy's for under $200.00.

It has a decent picture, There is alot of them on E-BAY You might pick one up pretty cheap. I would not buy a camera that had a resolution below 640 by 480

Hope this helps:
    Trevor

Re: Digital camera questions

I have a Kodak DC280 camera - am 140% satisified with it! AMazing piece of machinery!
    In terms of buying a camera, make sure that you get at least "one megapixel" - If you don't plan on ever printing out your photos, you can get by on one, but two is really what I would aim for (You should be able to pick up a 2 megapixel camera for less then $200).

Also, all cameras aren't made equally. The color on some digital cameras is worse then others. The best thing you could do is go to www.cnet.com and read their reviews of the camera you'll looking to purchasing, also read the user opinions.

Also, there are going to be some big boxing day sales, there's a store here in Toronto called "Henry's camera" and "Vistek" - I believe they both have online stores that will ship anywhere in canada (Don't buy from the US, you'll be hit by duty fees!)

Good luck,
    Ari