Thread: howdy :o)

howdy :o)

im new to this board but i post on many other boards as Vortecfiero (which for some reason wont let me in lol)
    I currently have a fiero but i have always love the componant car concept

pic of the 84 guinna pig

87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6
    Bully Stage 2 clutch
    Syclone intake manifold and engine management with Moates adapter and chip burner
    Air/water intercooler and Devil's Own progressive water/alky injection
    50lb injectors, 3 bar map sensor, Walboro fuel pump and Johnston Intercooler pump
    LM1 wideband on custom manifolds and 3" stainless exhaust system with an ITS minegate
    TO4B S4 turbo with a Super T61 in the box
    S10 caliper conversion.
    87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6<br />[b]Murphy&#039;s Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value<br />[b]Murphy&#039;s Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure. [b]Arthur C. Clarke &quot;Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from ma

Re: howdy :o)

I like the engine swap. Did you use a V8 Archie kit to adapt it to the Fiero transaxle. I almost went this route but decided on a series II out of a 99 Buick. I am in the process of adding a turbo to get some unencombered horsepower.

What is the A/R of your turbo? I an looking at a Volvo G3-G4 unit with an A/R of .60.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Nice setup, love the AWIC! What kind of numbers are you expecting? The Syclone motors were amazingly fast w/ the AWD system, in a light weight RWD/Mid Engine it must be awesome feeling.

Welcome to the board..

I have wondered why there are not more 4.3 swaps..It should drop in a lot easier than the 350 and give you lots of room since its basicly a 350 minus two cylinders.. The Syclone/Typhoon trucks still remain one of my favorite sleeper street racers and there are a lot of built trucks in this area.. Needless to say, I love that setup you have in your Fiero and it must fly.. Im suprised the tranny can hold up to the huge torque curve the turbo creates..

I am also looking at maybe adding a slight upgrade to my stock turbo..

great engine choice.

That cyclone 4.3L is one of those older motors thats just got gobs of potential, like the Grand National 3.8L.

bump for acct test
    87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6<br />[b]Murphy&#039;s Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value<br />[b]Murphy&#039;s Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure. [b]Arthur C. Clarke &quot;Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from ma