Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlisle

Carlisle

I tried and I re-tried but I could not make the Carlisle show. Did anyone else go and could post pics.

A friend of mine was there on Saturday and said he saw an Enzo-ish and Saleen S7-ish kit. Any Pics?

Thanks,

Bart

Re: Carlisle

nice original kit, anyone know what it is? espeically those headlights, could be used on the GTM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcentric
    nice original kit, anyone know what it is? espeically those headlights, could be used on the GTM.

Its a Mongoose GTP http://www.mongoosems.com/cars.aspx

The rear could use some work....Its pretty much not there...haha

Again I did not get to make the show, but my buddy said the GTP was impressive. He owns a D&R Coupe, a Cory Roadster, and two other kit cars (I guess my point is he knows what to look for). He said the GTP had a high level of fit and finish, with trim and interior. He was much more impressed with the GTP than the FF GTM. He also stated that my quest for a GTM with operable windows would have to continue. He saw one without door glass and one with fixed glass.

interesting, good to know....thanks for the review...the fit and finish does look pretty damn good. its just the rear thats non-traditional. I guess i just don't value uniqueness as much as proven design. Thats probably why i favour replicas over original kit-car designs....

Bobi1

GTP's finish looks really good. The design is not according my taste but I have to admit that it's a VERY professional work! I saw their chassis few months ago, too.

Quote Originally Posted by bowser330
    interesting, good to know....thanks for the review...the fit and finish does look pretty damn good. its just the rear thats non-traditional. I guess i just don't value uniqueness as much as proven design. Thats probably why i favour replicas over original kit-car designs....
    So, you will favour replicas over this original kit car because its not a "proven design"? In my opinion "replica" and "proven design" are 2 different things.

First off what is with those wheels ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Second off, I want to know how they used the transmission from the C5 in the mid engine setup, YES I know the transmission is in the back of the C5 corvettes but I figured the axle placement would set it way to far back. I also wonder how the shift linkage works even on the stock C5 6spds.... any one?

Bobi1

Email me and I will send you 8 pictures of its chassis with engine/transmission assembled and unmounted body.