Thread: Hi

Hi

First post, glad to have joined up. Looking for a kit that would use a "pinto style" running gear(since I have one) that is based on a early racer type car such as the Bugatti T-35 or something similar. Any ideas?

Thanks

AK

Re: Hi

Welcome to the forum.As for a Pinto as a doner,I don't know of any kits made for that car.Some of the doner cars that I know of are Fiero,MR2,and Corvett.Most Kits use the Fiero as a doner (chassie).The good news is a Fiero can be baught for as little as $500 (sometimes less)our looking for ( Bugatti T-35 ),I dont think a kit is being made for this car.For a complete list of cars order the Complete Guide to Specialty Cars (usualley listed in kit car magazine or try their web sight).
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

One important thing to keep in mind - would you wanna spend over $10,000 to modify a car that's worth only a couple hundred bucks ? If you're gonna spend a lot of time and money, make sure you're gonna have something worthwhile when you finish. This is NOT intended to be a dig at your car, just something thought-provoking .... (it's also why I would not condider using a VW, although you can probably still find kits for them on eBay)

There is a replica 1929 Bugatti on ebay now. Is this what you're looking for? Most of them are VW powered. I think there are some built with an inline watercooled four that look more authentic. The VW front suspension is a dead giveaway, but It might be fun to put around in one. They don't go that high in price. You can't build one for what you can buy one for.