Thread: Is it a myth that Ferraris and Lambos break/leak?

Is it a myth that Ferraris and Lambos break/leak?

I was watching "mega factories" on the history channel and they are doing a episode on the Ferrari factory. It seems like everything is super tolerance checked to the micro-meter, and everything is hand made and then computer checked again. Why is it then I hear these horror stories on here and other kit car forums that people say these stock Lambos and Ferrari's leak oil from day 1 etc? Is this just urban legend? Is it just envy that others can afford these super cars and people feel better saying they arent very good? From seeing the factory it looks like Ferrari at least takes super extra steps to make the car up to specs, even more then lets say Lexus would.

One theory I have is the Porsche vs VW. A euro specialty mechanic friend once told me. Its true that porches are in his shop more often then his VWs but its not because of the build quality, its because those who own and buy Porsche's just drive them much harder and hence they break more. Plus with so much more HP why wouldn't you push it more then the less then 100HP VW?

Do you think this applies to Ferraris/Lambos as well? Or is it a build issue?

Re: Is it a myth that Ferraris and Lambos break/leak?

I have not had the opportunity to own a Lambo but I know a couple of people who do. I have owned Ferrari's but mostly 308 through 348, none of the new stuff. And yes there is something wrong with them all of the time. AND if you get a 308 or 328 in the air on a lift it looks like a 15 year old welded the chassis together. Lambo is worst. A Lambo dealer once told me that all Lambo's are low mileage because the owner has figured out that he can't afford to drive it. And both manufacturer's know it that's why there is basically no warranty.

bart did you email me about an F355....?

DOH soorrry for knocking this thread off topic.

As for the Ferrari's and Lambo's, they have little trolls that come out at night and yank on the wires and throw dirt and sand into the gas tank is the what I thought.

Jeff

I did send the e-mail, I have a customer also interested in an AD355 or 360.