Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you live thread... and what are you building or planning to build?

Where do you live thread... and what are you building or planning to build?

Hey guys, I really like this board, its very simple and informative. I've been told that 5% of the members are builders or having cars built and the other 95% are dreamers. Well if my thread doesnt get thrown in the trash or deleted builders and dreamers are welcome to post what they have in store!

I'd like to know more info on the members like location and what your building, your age, SS number... oops jk, family and job or retired.

I'll start..

I'm Jeff from Upstate SC, I am 26 /married, buying a new house, currently have a Supra T78 6pd making just under 500whp and MR2 NA hard top (owned 7 years now) in mint condition. I've owned a ton of MR2s one of the last ones I installed a widebody kit on then sold it

I'm looking to sell the Supra to fund my Murci kit as well as one of my friends saw the Ashton AD355 build and fell in love with it. Even though this kit falls on the fiero catagory he will be using an MR2 turbo frame w/ fiero windsheild and doors. its unique, hes sourcing a fiero but already has a wrecked MR2 turbo for all the parts (wiring, engine and brakes and so on) it should be a neat build we will have a build diary soon!

Re: Where do you live thread... and what are you building or planning to build?

You may want to review the two other recent threads, they were similar but without the where do you live part.

http://www.madmechanics.com/index.php?topic=8319.0
    http://www.madmechanics.com/index.php?topic=8190.0

yeah my main topic was wondering where all the members are from, so thats why i started this one.

Hmm.. I live in East Central Minnesota and have had two Ferrari replicas.. Have a Caddy 4.9 in the 308 and one of those slow Neon turbo's.. 8) Sold my Built Porsche 944 and my three Rx7's and full race 13b 1975 Mazda Cosmo.. All the 7's had turbo's and the Neon keeps the turbo tradition going and me happy boosting @ 20psi..

very nice, I'm only running 13.9 psi on my Supra, and making 486whp and 412wtq its a blast, I wish I still loved it, I would put in a fuel system and AEM EMS and tune it (but all that would be nearly what the AD kits going for) I could get 600whp easy with the T78 I have currently.

I live in Orlando.

I currently am working on purchasing a set of vintage molds (cant get into what yet) have a few cars. Want a few more but im out of room

Quote Originally Posted by lowboost
    very nice, I'm only running 13.9 psi on my Supra, and making 486whp and 412wtq its a blast, I wish I still loved it, I would put in a fuel system and AEM EMS and tune it (but all that would be nearly what the AD kits going for) I could get 600whp easy with the T78 I have currently.
    My friend Shaun has a Supra that is real fast.. We have been working on his car for a few years..

This is his car.. He works at a performance shop with a dyno.. Its a 97 Supra Turbo: 823 WHP 680TQ

OH MAN do I love when kids try to tell me they have 2005 Supra's

Come on guys, you know what I'm talking about...
    -Rob

I never had anyone saying they had a 2005 model... but I was at autozone before and this guy said he had a 99 (which they never made) and all kinds of BS, We laughed so hard when he was talking about all his modifications while standing outside of his old beat up camaro. And the guy was like 30 or so, I honestly dont think he could spell Supra if we asked him!

Whats funny about being a supra owner, is when I had my S2000, I had no respect, but now with my supra, I get treated like a god lol, I have so many people/kids locally having me wire up their swaps and trouble shooting problems. The last work I did was fix vacuum lines on an FD RX7... and also wired an ABS harness into a Supra, which was pretty cool, I had to source the wires and add them to the toyota harness which everyone was like whoa how did i know to do it. LOL what was nice was I did it in 20 min!

Jeff

lowb, can i have your supra : i love supras.
    i live in pittsburgh, pa....i'm 15, bought a datsun 280zx 5 speed t top for my 15th bday...for $300:]
    we've been working on it since nov...just painted it gun metal metallic gray....
    total investment: $1000 (including car)