Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's got a DNA 3Sixty ?

Who's got a DNA 3Sixty ?

Just about to take the plunge, bought the donor.. before I start stripping it and ordering the kit is there anyone else done / doing one of these that we can share ideas etc. ?

Steve
    DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Re: Who's got a DNA 3Sixty ?

I know theres gotta be someone out there in the same shoes as you, but as far as I know, no one is posting a progress or help write up of their build. I do know that DNA can't build them and mount them fast enough! Good for them bad for you, but I dont think its bad because he is very kind and will respond to any of your questions or needs after you purchase a kit. Good luck with your build and start a diary so that you can post and ask us questions, even though builders here are building something different that doesnt mean that they cant help point you in the right direction from time to time! GOOD LUCK AGAIN

Jeff

No matter what project I do, be it work related or for pleasure I always find it helps to take a picture of every bit of progress I have done, no matter how insignificant. Thats just what I do.
    I have seen all/most of the pictures DNA automotive has posted up of their 360 and this happens to be my favourite colour and interior colour combo(If I were building one I would want it like this one):

(These photos are used without DNA's permission and if they dont want them up I will gladly remove them)
    I also wish you the best of luck in your project and I hope you can start a detailed build thread.
    Do you have any pictures of your donor car that you could show to us?

Many Thanks,

CaptainCrunch

Hi, thanks for the replies. I must say that everytime I've called DNA they have always answered my questions fully and yeah there kit looks awesome.. My donor is just a standard 2003 Mr2 Roadster. The main reason I went for the 03 was its the facelift model which comes with the 6spd box and also a improved LSD. It also comes with extra braces. Below is a pic of it off ebay (where I got it from) as I havent started stripping it as yet or writing my log.

I do intend looking at splitting the rear deck making the trunk (boot) open the same as the original and also looking at making it open with actuators, sort of semi making the hood automatic. I also intend to add a car pc into it as I have done with several cars in the past which is also another hobby I'm involved with. Something on the lines of maybe.. you press a petrol button, the petrol flap opens.. you fill up, go and pay and when you then start the car it shuts the flap. Anything electronic / electrical I'm into. I also do a bit of coding on the side writing gps applications and work in flash, but thats for later ;D

I'm trying to do as much research and reading as I can at the moment and finding someone who is/has built one of these would be great.

thanks

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    Hi, thanks for the replies. I must say that everytime I've called DNA they have always answered my questions fully and yeah there kit looks awesome.. My donor is just a standard 2003 Mr2 Roadster. The main reason I went for the 03 was its the facelift model which comes with the 6spd box and also a improved LSD. It also comes with extra braces. Below is a pic of it off ebay (where I got it from) as I havent started stripping it as yet or writing my log.

I do intend looking at splitting the rear deck making the trunk (boot) open the same as the original and also looking at making it open with actuators, sort of semi making the hood automatic. I also intend to add a car pc into it as I have done with several cars in the past which is also another hobby I'm involved with. Something on the lines of maybe.. you press a petrol button, the petrol flap opens.. you fill up, go and pay and when you then start the car it shuts the flap. Anything electronic / electrical I'm into. I also do a bit of coding on the side writing gps applications and work in flash, but thats for later ;D

I'm trying to do as much research and reading as I can at the moment and finding someone who is/has built one of these would be great.

thanks

Steve
    please call us i will answer any questions you may have

I have been :-) and also been down and chatted with Roland ( Is that you ? ). I must also add that DNA have always been very helpful with there answers and have dismissed most if not all of my worries about this kit. ;D Well you must have for me to go out and spend 5,000 on a donor car.... (still creeping to the wife about that one)

I am also kean to get started but need to sell my present car (full valet tomorrow booked) which will fund this project. I will be doing a full piccy / writeup as I go along which can be made into a pdf if you would like once the build is completed ( are they ever truely finished.. lol ). I am also hoping to add my own touch's to the kit as I think we all do to our cars (ie.. carpc etc..)

Simply cant wait to get my hands dirty and I'm sure you will sort me out with a decent price with all the bits I'm going to be buying off you .. :

btw .. awesome pic's them above, not seen that car before with the centre console in it. :-) doesnt look bad at all. I am also searching for a place to make the ferrari steering wheel badge so it can be used as a direct replacment to the toyota one, done the art work just need to find a place to make it up. Shouldnt be to hard I hope.

Its a waiting game now until my st220 is sold, in the autotrader next week and fleabay.. so you might be getting a call soon I hope.

thanks

Steve

I posted a reply to another post asking if they ship to the USA yet and they said to shoot them an email. So I tried emailing DNA twice and no reply yet. That was almost a week ago. Do I have to make international calls to DNA to contact them? I just want to know pricing on the kit shipped to the US to see if I can even afford it.

Thanks

I do remember reading somewhere that they would greatly reduced shipping costs to the first person from overseas who purchase's there kit (might of even been free, cant remember) They also offered to fund hotel costs if someone was flying over to see it. Cant remember where that was mind.. as I've done so much reading.. lol

I also sent a email last week and havent had a response, so its not just you. I just phoned em instead. Maybe they have had problems with there pc.. I know in the last few weeks I have had several pc's in with overheating problems due to our spell of hot weather (its over now sadly it seems).. My PC decided to start playing up as well.. removal of the 2 inch's of dog hair from the intake fan sorted it out mind :-)

The kit does look awesome. I took a friend down to have a look at the workshops who owns a 360. He was very impressed with the little touchs on it like the door handles.. he said if he saw one on the road then he would of thought its a real one as all the little details are right. They had two in at the time, one that had just been sprayed and one having a kit fitted. I was very impressed by the quality of the panels on the one that was having the kit fitted, they seemed to fit just right. I will be going down again soon for the second viewing and to place my order with them. I'm lucky there only 1hr 30mins away :-)

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn808
    I posted a reply to another post asking if they ship to the USA yet and they said to shoot them an email. So I tried emailing DNA twice and no reply yet. That was almost a week ago. Do I have to make international calls to DNA to contact them? I just want to know pricing on the kit shipped to the US to see if I can even afford it.

Thanks

If you cannot afford to make 1 international call then give up on the kit. :-\

The kit in USD is around 12K An international call is only maybe $5. The kit in Euros is around 10K. If you are serious make the call.

Thanks for the info pimpalicious. I was thinking the kit would be 3 to 4K but your right 12k is much too much for me.

Pimpalicious are you American, $5.00 can get us 5(FIVE!) $1.00 menu items at Macdonalds man! hehe