Thread: New builder as of Sunday!

New builder as of Sunday!

;D I've official joined the ranks of newbie builders.
    I went to see John Watson and Jim Ashlock this past weekend (great guys both) and picked up the first few parts of my AD 355 kit while I was there. Jim's car looks incredible in person! Thanks go out to both of those fine gentlemen for allowing me to come by on short notice and snoop around. Jim had soom great ideas incorporated into his car, and John is just a good 'ol boy with an amazing talent! I got the fire now boys! Katy, bar the door and plug in by power tools! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: New builder as of Sunday!

welcome to the forum! Your one step ahead of me! I am trying to set up some time this weekend to meet up with John and Jim both! Your quite lucky to be able to knock em both out in one visit! Where are you located? I have spoke on the phone for about an hour w/ John going over the kit down to the little things that makes it differ from a real ferrari. Great guy like you said, the amount he sold shows that alone, but someone else that is pleased with the business always helps! Besure to start a build thread and a TON of pictures or we will have you banned! jk.

Thanks! I'll start a build thread when I get some actual work done. I'm in Decatur Texas. It was a bit of a trip for me to get to see those guys, I drove from here to Pensacola, FL to see family, and spent a day and a half there. I left FL at 12:22 a.m. and got to John's at 8:00 a.m. by driving straight thru. We looked at his shop for a while, shot the bull, and he showed me some of his projects, past and present. Man! that guy is an artist! Can't say enough good things about John. He worked it out so I could go see Jim's car before I headed out. Jim is something else too. His car is absolutley BEAUTIFUL. He's got some pretty cool ideas and gadgets in his car too. I drove from Jim's to Decatur straight thru the night and arrived to a flooded North Texas at about 3:00 a.m. For those of you that are counting, yes, I drove from FL to north GA, to south TN, across MS into AR, and into North TX in one day without sleep. I'm am currently brain dead, and if I could focus my eyes on the numbers on my phone, I would make my own psych appointment. I can't recommend it to anyone either. If I didn't have to get my wife home for work on Monday, we would of stopped for the night somewhere. But all said and done, I had a great time. Thanks Jim, and John.

Jeff

sounds like it was fun, I like getting out like that, when I bought my supra in orlando florida I drove over 9 hours to get it, and was planning on getting a hotel on the way back, but said forget it and just drove! we made it in like 21 hours there and back, with the toll roads and pee stops! I always sleep AWESOME when I do that, does anyone else? lol

If you need a rear window let me know, I have a few leads on some. I sold one this week, we will see if he is happy when it arrives

If you want one, they are around the 120 dollar range and in mint condition.
    email me at jefftbc@hotmail.com