Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I went to visit John Watson and Jim Ashlock.

I went to visit John Watson and Jim Ashlock.

Hey guys, So far I've been doing a lot of tire kicking and I'm not ashamed of it. I just sold my supra for good and have a lot of money burning a hole in my pocket. I've been in contact with John for a few weeks now and he accidently emailed me saturday asking if I was coming up. So I called him that afternoon and asked him if he could set up a meeting with Jim and himself on Sunday. So after working out a poor planned trip with bad directions I ended up hitting the "Tail of The Dragon aka 129" thinking it would lead me up closer to Jim (not knowing exactly where he was, and also thinking he was closer to Knoxville TN) So after going 2 or 3 hours out of the way we finally made it to Jim's house. All I can say is wow, as far as the body and so on it was perfect. I can honestly say and I dont think he would be mad, but there were some certain things that I wouldnt have done which Jim has. But I dont think it was done to hurt the project in any way. It really is amazing to look at. Jim's detail is amazing, and the custom parts that actually work are quite unique as well. Theirs many things he's done that are better than a real ferrari which is amazing! He really built the car how he wanted and has done a great job doing it. Jim was as nice as anyone could expect, telling certain things about the build and mentioning the hard parts (mirrors) to help make the car look good and actually function perfect. After a few minutes at Jim's house we went on down to Johns shop. I must say, I really was impressed after seeing a partial build, The kit is idiot proof when it comes to directly bolting it to a fiero. Even extending the wheel base is made easy with John's kit. The fiberglass quality is amazing, strong, durable, heavy engine cover (so strong it will not even flex!) down to the fenders and door panels that just thrown on a fiero fit seemlessly! It honestly requires minimal body work. I couldnt believe that aspect of the build. It seems for me, the body will be the easiest part of the build!

I have pictures, but I just want to make sure John Approves before I host them.

Re: I went to visit John Watson and Jim Ashlock.

post more pics dude.

Only problem is it is on a fiero

What have you built yet pimpalicious? F355, then 360, then F430? Who doesnt know that the AD355 is built on the fiero????????

The AD355 is freakin amazing. with the extended windshield and non stretched chassis it looks so good. I havent seen any stretched AD's but its hard to think they would look better than that red one in that parking lot.....
    I am in love with those pictures...

lowboost, next time you talk to John, ask him why he sold that Euroworks Countach! That had to have been one of the nicest cars I ever seen. I wonder who owns it now?

hawk

I'll ask him in person next time I see him 8) and I've got a video of me walking around ashlocks car, it shows the lines a lot better than just a few pictures here and there.

Were there any updates or news about AD 360 project?
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

Quote Originally Posted by funexec
    Were there any updates or news about AD 360 project?
    Sorta, I didnt really ask much as I didnt care to, but mentioned if their was a body on a vette or fiero. He divulged the following info; he said he WILL NOT be doing the 360 cor on a fiero, that its to much work making it long enough, and so on. He also gave the impression that he will not have the engine relocated to the rear of the car either, so its basically just a corvette rebody from what he said, but yet again I didnt ask much about it.