Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullriders Countach in Top Gear magazine

Bullriders Countach in Top Gear magazine

Hey,

Well I just went out to the shops to get Top Gear(For those in th US I dont think the mag is sold there but in England and surrounding areas its like the biggest and most famous automotive magazine you can buy) and just having a flick through it and I saw Bullriders Countach in it! ;D

Did you know your car was to appear in it? Probably the icing on the cake now that you have completed it ehh? lol

Re: Bullriders Countach in Top Gear magazine

Ha..
    Nice find... Way to go Bob.. ;D

I dont like how it says FAKE! and then a balding driver and peroxide statement? wtf does that mean? is it meant to be a cut down? I'm confused!

Quote Originally Posted by lowboost
    I dont like how it says FAKE! and then a balding driver and peroxide statement? wtf does that mean? is it meant to be a cut down? I'm confused!
    Its in a spot the replica thing, Extremes 360 is there also, they were harsh on everything for some reason and couldnt get any of the details right, according to them Dodge Viper replicas use Fieros as a base! lol, WTF!
    Sloppy journalists
    TBH The magazine has been pure scrap for the past few issues. They make stupid comments about most cars in the magazine some far worse than that, everything gets a lowblow basically lol ;D

I guess, and hey it got four stars

Whoa! That's pretty cool! The editor of the magazine asked for permission to use some of my pics a few weeks ago. I had no idea they'd bash replicas with it, although I suppose the article could be taken as somewhat flattering... um... I guess.

Here's what he wrote me:

I was wondering if you would be happy for BBC Top Gear magazine to use a couple of photos of your Lamborghini replica from your website in an editorial feature on kit cars? Let me know if this OK - we would of course credit the photos fully.

And here is the followup to my email back to him:

Many thanks for the swift reply, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately we're close to deadline so there's probably not time to shoot any fresh photos - but if you're happy for us to use one of the finished images from your website, that'd be great. We're all very impressed with the quality of the car, by the way!

I'll let you know when the magazine is out and do my best to get a copy sent over to you.

Nonetheless, its very cool that the car made it into publication! Thanks for posting the pic!

Bob
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

did you at least get a free mag from them?

LOL! Nothing yet. I hope a copy does find its way here eventually, though. It would be great to have.
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

well umm... it IS A FAKE!

Buttt i think the comments about balding driver and peroxide passenger is meant to the real deal also.

being a top gear fan, I think that is totally cool.

They make cheap digs at most people and cars.

I dont think there is any offence intended there.

If anything they are saying its a chick magnet for aging men.

And lets face it... top gear isnt a kids magazine!

You gotta have a few years under your belt to afford and insure most of the cars they feature!