Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Jones 360 rep

Dave Jones 360 rep

Just come across finished pictures of the work in progress we saw a couple of months ago. Kit looks good obviously not as good as an extreame kit but when a turn key will cost you 15000 seems very reasonable to me!

pictures can be seen here http://www.mr2kits.co.uk/

Re: Dave Jones 360 rep

Not bad but that price of $30,000 doesn't include the MR2 MK2 (SW20) donor car. I'd like to see a straight side shot. That will usually be the most telling way to see if they got it right or not.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Not my cup of tea, but once the details are sorted (bootlid, rear quarter windows, vents & bonnet skin) it should be as good as you are going to get with a standard unmodified Mk2 Mr2.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

That was taken at Newark (there were some extremes there too!)

If you are interested, full pics of Newark show at

http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/2007gallery.php

308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Sorry for the Hijack! back to a DJ Kit!

I'm liking the colour of extremes 360... the gun metal grey (same as my 355)

but I thought I had a relatively "Exclusive" colour - rarely seen until

http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk/images/g...7/show/077.jpg

Another 355 in the same colour!

(Reaches for a can of pink spray paint)

the DJ kit has the gas cap too low compared to the real one like 4-5 inches but i think it looks pretty good.

has anyone started building a DNA?

The DJ kit is WAY too short, and its very noticable partly because it isnt lowered. We know its a daily driver, but for a show, one should dump the car, makes it looks A LOT better.

The extreme 360 pictures are great. The car is still a bit too high for my taste, anyone know if they can be lowered another inch? Or is the height in the pictures, the lowest possible?

The car seen at Newark was the first 'development' body out of the mould, built from start to finish in 4 weeks to be ready for the show.
    The main aim in developing this car was to offer the market an alternative that satisfied many criteria. Firstly, the car is based on the mk2 mr2, offering a lower budget build with the opportunity to use the higher powered turbo as a base - a major element that a lot of customers look for. Donor cars are still readily available in excellent condition regardless of age.
    The kit has been created to be easy to build - once stripped, the kit can be built and ready for paint in 5 days - Many builders get dis-heartened due to long project build times. This enables us to build turnkey cars including ALL options for 15K
    The car requires no major cutting or re-building, so retains its structural integrity. There is no welding in the build process.
    Yes, there are compromises in building on the mr2, without lengthening the wheelbase the car is 20cm shorter and 5cm narrower, but the end result has retained the correct proportions to look right.
    To answer a few comments - windows are now in smoke finish bonded in and look great, next car is on coilovers and will sit well on the larger tyres we are using now. Photos follow
    mr2kits