Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 308 "Stinger" fans...here's a rare collectible

308 "Stinger" fans...here's a rare collectible

Hey guys!

A forum friend of ours, BC308 V8 (David), has just emailed me pictures of his most recent find. He's kindly allowed me to post and share them with the Kit Car community. What you see here is a replica 308 GT QV *convertible* designed and built by Luc Chartrand Automotive. David was able to contact Luc himself, and after having seen the photos Luc will verify (in writing) that this car was the only convertible...and the last 308 replica he built. WOW!

David, you must feel as proud as Mel Fisher, because this discovery is like finding the Atocha! Luc recalls having assembled only 15 to 20 of the 308 Quattrovalvole replicas and only 1 was a convertible! Thank you for sharing this with us. If you have any questions about the car, I'm sure BC308 V8 will gladly answer them for you. I will try to post the photos in the Custom Car Blog gallery, but for now, enjoy these little appetizers.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Another Picture

Here's another picture
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: 308 "Stinger" fans...here's a rare collectible

Thats one rare car he found there... Very cool find... 8)

Is yours still for sale??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari

Thats one rare car he found there... Very cool find... 8)

Is yours still for sale??
    Hello Mr. "F",

Isn't his car awesome! Yes, my car is still available for sale. I've had it posted on the Kit Car Ads, Pennock's Fiero Forum and here in the Kit Car Forum. While I've had many inquiries and e-mails...and even more Nigerian and European scams, I still shuffle through for those reasonable counter offers. Thanks for asking...are you interested in owning another F - car? :

You know.. Its the mine is okay, but thats better complex.. I love the Stinger's swoopy lines and exact headlight/hood and rear hatch setup..All it needs is wing windows and a V8..

The car I really wanted is in Canada still.. I contacted you about the legalities and process you followed to get your stinger across when you bought it since I thought you couldnt bring kitcars back easily.. You were very nice and described everything to me.. Thanks..
    I saw this at the time... ;D
    http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/A...sified_id=7686

But the car sold in Canada before I could get everything straight.. So I bought the 308 I currently have with a V8 and a TON of work done to it for about the same price.. Well, about a month ago the car I originaly wanted came up for sale in Canada again.. >
    And.. Your fantastic "Stinger" also became available within the US border..

Wana Trade... ;D Got V8 ?? ;D

Looks really nice. A new set of correct offset wheels would improve the look even more.

Also, im not too sure I would like to top up the clutch resevoir!!
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Now the pictures are up!

Ok...I've finally uploaded the pictures in David's album on the Custom Car Blog gallery. Here's the collection of pictures he's sent me. I'm sure he'll post more once he receives it in his hometown. These photos were taken during the sale and just prior to loading up for transport across Canada from Quebec to British Columbia. Enjoy!

http://www.customcarblogs.com/galler...g2_itemId=1572

Hi guys,thanx Gino for sharing my photos with eveyone.i am eagerly awaiting its arrival.it will need a cosmetic restoaint wheels &tires i want to recover the top in stayfast.its canvas now.not really befitting a F car.it only has 6345klms varified buy a gov.inspection just done this past april.the lady i purchased it from recieved it in a devorce settlment.and simply wanted it gone.and had no idea what she had or what it was worth.i've been looking for one of these for 10yrs.and just miss'd ginos car last yr.if anyone has any questions let me know.cheers David S.

David;

Well done and great find. I think we are all going to need to see how the convertible top works on it once you get it home.

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Enjoy.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Hi Don,I see from your profile your a fellow Can.thanx for the kind words.it is simply beautiful is in't it?the top is very neet and easy.plus it has a body color'd f glass toneau that really finishes the look.the car looks like it came that way from the factory.it is a work of art.I'm very pleased.I'll have many photos posted when I receive it.cheers David S.