Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: Headlight AD 355

Re: Headlight AD 355

What is everybody using for the headlights ??? ?? Saturn 91-95 or ???

When you say doors I would assume you mean the painted covers? The doors should come with the kit. If you mean mechanism, I believe all AD355s are supposed to use the Saturn's. I'm using modified Saturn mechanisms.

http://www.madmechanics.com/alternat...-t4211.75.html

On my AD kit I used the original feiro motors and used headlights from a 1990 calavier, built a surrond out of 18ga sheetmetal. I am pleased hoe they turned out.
    FunnyWheels (Dave) used the original O.E.M. Ferrari headlights which is the best way to go if you can afford it.

AD 355
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Quote Originally Posted by stique
    What is everybody using for the headlight doors ?? Saturn 91-95 or ??? What about the body-line on the door ???
    Having seen the Saturn headlights in person on an AD 355, I did not like how they looked (waiting for Funnywheels to say I'm negative). They were sunk in very far and looked like insect like eye lashes (yeah I have a vivid imagination)

I think either OEM or how Boomer did it, is the way to go!

Lowboost you are right, I tried the saturn lights and motors and they didnt come close. They worked good but I thought they did not look any where near the originals. Here is what they looked like on my car befor I replaced them.

The Saturn headlights were and still are a low cost option John Watson provided for those who do not have the talent to build a nice set up like Boomer has on his car. In 1998 I built my first set like the Koenig style, then changed to a Mitsubishi pop up assemble with Chevy Corcia head lamps similar to Boomers'. I made a metal top since the AD was not in production at the time. The Mitsubishi and Ford Probe look like the Saturn but did not rise up as high. The operation was very smooth and simple to wire up and mount. I think if you can use the Fiero buckets like David has done you will be better off since the wiring and mounting will remain OEM Fiero.

Just my $.02 worth.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Thanks guys,,,
    I appreciate the responses to the headlamp issue and I will take a good look at all the options...

I am looking for some stock motors for the fiero.. I don't have mine anymore... Does someone have a set they want to sell. ??? I need the whole mechanism,, ???

I like the Saturn head light mechanism better than the Fiero. At this time, I am using the Saturn head lights and they do not look right. My intension is to get the car on the road and change over to the Caviler head lights in the future. At this time, I would rather be driving the car. Most of my driving is done with the headlights off and at time and on the road, you will not notice them anyways.