Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 512TR Roof Slant Build

512TR Roof Slant Build

Okay, I've been searching for this, but haven't been able to find it. Could somebody give me a link to a how-to on the .75" rear cut/slant generally used for 512TR builds? Thanks.

Re: 512TR Roof Slant Build

Anyone?

I believe Jerry Dorr would be the guy to ask. If not, try Ron Larson over at www.CoolCustomCars.com
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

that definitely isnt standard on TR builds, it was done on ck3 and creative coach kits and thats it to my knowledge. If your kit isnt designed for this mod, it will be very hard to do because changing the angle of the entire roof will necessitate completely reshaping the roof panel and rear decklid, and altering the door windows etc. It is overall such a complex mod that I would liken it to chopping a bug or a Fiero like Archie does, certainly it is more complex than smiply chopping a roof to make a convertible. my car does have this mod, and in conjunction with the extended windshield, it makes the car look extremely authentic, but %99 of the tr kits you see out there have the standard reskinned fiero roof.

As you know Jerry I am building a CK3 Koenig TR. I had heard about this mod but decided to go without it. Everything seemed to line up OK
    Do you feel my kit was designed to have this done as standard procedure in the build?
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

I actually dont have a TR kit. I'm looking to use this mod along with an extended windshield for my Fiero. Thanks for the info. Anymore details that you have or know of would be great.

I'd like to try it also on my Formula.

Is bumping allowed here?

{bump} Sure it is
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpeed
    Okay, I've been searching for this, but haven't been able to find it. Could somebody give me a link to a how-to on the .75" rear cut/slant generally used for 512TR builds? Thanks.
    I remember the thread but I can't fint it either. I do remembet that the frame was chopped off of the rear of the car near the rear windows, then the cockpit was lowered 2 inches and the rear frame was then welded back in place. The process is called "Z"ing the frame.

If I remember correctly the Fiero sat lower as a result making the roof line flow to the rear section like the TR. Jerry Dorr's car is very nice but the headliner was made like a TR (flat), it needs the bumps in it like the Fiero. For me it is fery hard to drive the car this way but Jerry seems to fit in it just fine.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.