Thread: A question about a unique stretched fiero...........

A question about a unique stretched fiero...........

HI all,

If you were gonna do a spider AD 355, would all the work to stretch the fiero at the firewall be worthless? I mean too many mods, and rubbed raw scratched heads........

Basically if you could do it, would it also look good, and work with the body?
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Re: A question about a unique stretched fiero...........

Look at Funnywheels thread just move the cradle back 3 inches or so for the 355
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by pavo_rodddy
    HI all,

If you were gonna do a spider AD 355, would all the work to stretch the fiero at the firewall be worthless? I mean too many mods, and rubbed raw scratched heads........

Basically if you could do it, would it also look good, and work with the body?
    Thanks knightrider, In my opinion the cradle stretch is the way to go. If you want to change it back for some reason you can, and if you make a mistake on the cradle you can get another one fairly easy. There is plenty of room, even if you elect to keep your Fiero trunk. Please send me an email and I will fire off some photos to you regarding the process. Some are too big to post on the site. It is very easy to do on a 355 kit.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hi all,

I guess I kinda complicated the question a bit, DOH!! If you were to still stretch the fiero at the firewall, would the body still line up? Would there be room behind the seats for a top to fold down, just like the real deal? LOL, I also guess that there are really 2 questions........
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Yes to the first answer. But it sounds like you may be asking about stretching the cockpit area before the fire wall and I would submit why? In addition, why go through all of the trouble and the possibility of making your chassis weaker and out of alignment by cutting the frame when it is not necessary to do on a 355 kit.

Hi all,

I totally realize and agree that this stretch idea is toooooo crazy to attemp!! Heck, I bet even archie wouldn't wanna take this project!! Though it is more of a curiousity for me to know whether or not the top could fold down behind the seats and have room there like an OEM 355?

Quote Originally Posted by pavo_rodddy
    Hi all,

I totally realize and agree that this stretch idea is toooooo crazy to attemp!! Heck, I bet even archie wouldn't wanna take this project!! Though it is more of a curiousity for me to know whether or not the top could fold down behind the seats and have room there like an OEM 355?
    To answer your question as directly as I can. No, the top will not fold down behind the seats either way. I have been fighting this problem for two years and the only real option I have found was to construct a Targa top panel and then fold the rear section of the top behind the seats and stand the panel on top of the gas tank tunnel behind the seats. At least this is the best option for me. All of the tops I have seen fold to lay the canvas and metal frame work of the top toward the rear of the car, thus over the rear deck lid. Don Ostergard is having the same challenge with his 355 and is also using a Targa panel.

Regards,

Dave